Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is going Pro? 2013 edition

287 posts in this topic

Posted

Normally the best mock drafts are from draftexpress.

Agree

Posted

Do you mean the way he hurt his stock by showing no improvement this year?

He absolutely showed improvement this year. He was just overrated as a prospect last season

People were talking him up as a top 5 or 10 pick, but I seriously doubt he would have been a lottery pick had he declared last year. He would have been torn apart by scouts during the more extensive scouting prior to the draft

Posted

He absolutely showed improvement this year. He was just overrated as a prospect last season

People were talking him up as a top 5 or 10 pick, but I seriously doubt he would have been a lottery pick had he declared last year. He would have been torn apart by scouts during the more extensive scouting prior to the draft

You're insane. Austin Rivers went at 10. McAdoo would've easily been in top 10. No question. This year he is maybe ~20s. No way he gets back into lottery next year unless he suddenly becomes Antawn Jamison.

I understand you don't want him to leave, but realistically, he is out the door.

Posted

You're insane. Austin Rivers went at 10. McAdoo would've easily been in top 10. No question. This year he is maybe ~20s. No way he gets back into lottery next year unless he suddenly becomes Antawn Jamison.

I understand you don't want him to leave, but realistically, he is out the door.

I dont care if he leaves, he isnt a good fit for this team.

I said as much last year- Mcadoo would have been maybe the least accomplished top 10 pick of all time. He was hyped as a pro prospect after 3 solid games filling in for an injured John Henson. NBA teams do not spend top 10 picks on guys with so little production unless they are over 7 feet- Mcadoo doesnt even have good size for a PF

I'll say it again- there is no way Mcadoo would have gone top 10 last year

Posted

I said as much last year- Mcadoo would have been maybe the least accomplished top 10 pick of all time. He was hyped as a pro prospect after 3 solid games filling in for an injured John Henson. NBA teams do not spend top 10 picks on guys with so little production unless they are over 7 feet- Mcadoo doesnt even have good size for a PF

There is plenty of history of players with little or no production being drafted in the top 10. Go back and look through the last 10 years of lottery picks.

But regardless, he is still gonna leave this year.

Posted

There is plenty of history of players with little or no production being drafted in the top 10. Go back and look through the last 10 years of lottery picks.

But regardless, he is still gonna leave this year.

Find me a player under 7 ft and averaged around 6 pts 4 rebs, who was drafted top 10

Hint: you wont

Posted

Dude McAdoo was absolutely a lottery pick last year, the scouts loved him because of his size and athletic ability. He cost himself a ton of money coming back and showing how soft he plays and how he can't consistently hit a jumper.

Posted

Marvin williams is close enough. 10 points, 6 rebs. And he was # 2 overall.

Posted

Find me a player under 7 ft and averaged around 6 pts 4 rebs, who was drafted top 10

Hint: you wont

Enes Kanter, Jan Vesely, Bismack Biyombo.

Posted

Dude McAdoo was absolutely a lottery pick last year, the scouts loved him because of his size and athletic ability. He cost himself a ton of money coming back and showing how soft he plays and how he can't consistently hit a jumper.

I dont see it. People get hyped up all the time as potential lottery picks just to fall on draft day

Let me put it this way: Andre Drummond was in that same draft. He is at least 2 inches taller (lets just say the NBA isnt overly excited at PF prospects that might be 6'8), probably more athletic, is capable of blocking shots, and was SIGNIFICANTLY more productive as a freshman in college. He went 9th. A player who by any objective measure is a significantly better prospect, fell to 9th in the draft, yet you're telling me Mcadoo was a guaranteed top 14 pick?

I dont see it

Posted

Eddy Curry, Kwame Brown, Diop

Posted

I dont see it. People get hyped up all the time as potential lottery picks just to fall on draft day

Let me put it this way: Andre Drummond was in that same draft. He is at least 2 inches taller (lets just say the NBA isnt overly excited at PF prospects that might be 6'8), probably more athletic, is capable of blocking shots, and was SIGNIFICANTLY more productive as a freshman in college. He went 9th. A player who by any objective measure is a significantly better prospect, fell to 9th in the draft, yet you're telling me Mcadoo was a guaranteed top 14 pick?

I dont see it

Yes, that is exactly what I'm telling you. He would've been drafted before Marshall, Zeller, and Henson, Lamb.

Andre Drummond is also 7`0 tall and a C, not PF.