286 replies to this topic

#166 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

Not enough balls to go around at UK, I think FSU is the leader unless Bullock or JMM leave early and then unc might have a shot. If none of them leave who rides the bench while Wiggins starts?

You're talking about Roy Williams here...players like Marvin Williams and Brandon Wright came off the bench. He'd probably have Wiggins coming off the bench. He'd still get about 25-30 minutes a game I think though. That's one reason that I think Wiggins won't come to UNC if both Bullock and Hairston come back.

#167 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,157 posts
  • Location704

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

If he goes to FSU - it's to get practice slamming bottle rats before the NBA not to compete for a championship.

The state of Florida could have the hottest coeds in America per capita, and FSU is near the top of the list.

#168 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,157 posts
  • Location704

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

You're talking about Roy Williams here...players like Marvin Williams and Brandon Wright came off the bench. He'd probably have Wiggins coming off the bench. He'd still get about 25-30 minutes a game I think though. That's one reason that I think Wiggins won't come to UNC if both Bullock and Hairston come back.

Yeah this is a good point. Marvin parlayed a 6th man roll and a title run to the #2 overall pick.

In hindsight, Marvin probably should have hung around for another season.

#169 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

I think if Wiggins commits to UNC and lives up to the hype we'll redshirt one of our freshmen bigs (probably Kennedy Meeks). The reason I say Meeks because he needs time to get in shape where he can run our high tempo offense. If Wiggins commits I can see us running the small man line-up again

PG- Paige
SG- Hairston
SF- Wiggins
PF- Bullock (chose him as the PF because he's taller although not as athletic as Hairston)
C- McAdoo

#170 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

I doubt Roy will want to run the small ball lineup anytime soon. It's not his preferred style and he didn't like having to do it this year.

#171 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,157 posts
  • Location704

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

Yeah u gotta believe with the size issues UNC had last year Hicks is a strong possibility to be a starter right off the bat.

If JMM leaves Meeks will prob start too

#172 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

Yeah u gotta believe with the size issues UNC had last year Hicks is a strong possibility to be a starter right off the bat.

If JMM leaves Meeks will prob start too

Did you watch the all star game?... Meeks was struggling to get up and down the court just imagine him in Roy's offense O.o.

#173 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,157 posts
  • Location704

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

I dvr'd the game but never watched it. I think I cleaned up my house instead.

Also - MCW from Syracuse declares for draft.

#174 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

I dvr'd the game but never watched it. I think I cleaned up my house instead.

Also - MCW from Syracuse declares for draft.

LOL... I think he'll be good once he gets in shape to fit our offense but I'll put it like this Paige wasn't ready to run the offense and was out of shape at the begining of the season I don't think Meeks will be ready for a while then. I could be wrong though

#175 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Did you watch the all star game?... Meeks was struggling to get up and down the court just imagine him in Roy's offense O.o.

Lol, have you ever watched the McDonalds game? It's a bunch of high school kids playing a pick up game, trying to get a couple of highlights and not get hurt.

It's not the type of place you want to judge a prospect.

#176 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,157 posts
  • Location704

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

^ditto. I'm not watching that crap. I did attempt to DVR it though but I found something better to do.

I honestly think I cleaned my house.

#177 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,157 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

there is a rumor floating around on twitter from a person who claims she has an "inside source" to UNC hoops/InsideCarolina that all three guys will make their formal decision today and Andy Wiggins will commit to UNC.

This probably means that all three will take another week (at least) and Wiggins is going to UK.

For the record: I absolutely despise twitter and facebook

#178 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

there is a rumor floating around on twitter from a person who claims she has an "inside source" to UNC hoops/InsideCarolina that all three guys will make their formal decision today and Andy Wiggins will commit to UNC.

This probably means that all three will take another week (at least) and Wiggins is going to UK.

For the record: I absolutely despise twitter and facebook

I don't know about the 3 unc players but everything I have read says it's a two horse race for Wiggins between FSU and UK.

#179 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,157 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

I don't know about the 3 unc players but everything I have read says it's a two horse race for Wiggins between FSU and UK.

FTR - I've never thought we were going to get wiggins. If he goes to UK he will be competing for points but has a legit shot at a NC.

If he goes to FSU he certainly won't be in competition for even an ACC championship but will have a great opportunity to slam some of nicest ass a university has to offer.

can't believe everything you read on the interwebz and you can count me as a person who wants all this crap to just come to a fuging end all ready so I can take a break from college hoops for a couple months. been a very exhausting year as a fan man.

#180 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

He says he wants to win a NC.... How the hell is he gonna do that with FSU? His best bet is UK if he wants to win one right away.

But with his brother in his ear telling him UK isn't the best choice for him that might effect Wiggins decision

"They've got a couple kids coming (back), they got seven or eight dudes that are already signed to come in off the (McDonald’s) All-America team, and I don’t feel like it would be the best fit for him to make his own legacy," Nick Wiggins said. "But in the end, he’s going to make the best decision for him."

Really no one knows where Wiggins is going except his family and his HS Basketball coach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com