• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#31 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

I dont care if he leaves, he isnt a good fit for this team.

I said as much last year- Mcadoo would have been maybe the least accomplished top 10 pick of all time. He was hyped as a pro prospect after 3 solid games filling in for an injured John Henson. NBA teams do not spend top 10 picks on guys with so little production unless they are over 7 feet- Mcadoo doesnt even have good size for a PF

I'll say it again- there is no way Mcadoo would have gone top 10 last year

Dude McAdoo was absolutely a lottery pick last year, the scouts loved him because of his size and athletic ability. He cost himself a ton of money coming back and showing how soft he plays and how he can't consistently hit a jumper.

#32 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Marvin williams is close enough. 10 points, 6 rebs. And he was # 2 overall.

#33 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

Find me a player under 7 ft and averaged around 6 pts 4 rebs, who was drafted top 10

Hint: you wont

Enes Kanter, Jan Vesely, Bismack Biyombo.

#34 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

Dude McAdoo was absolutely a lottery pick last year, the scouts loved him because of his size and athletic ability. He cost himself a ton of money coming back and showing how soft he plays and how he can't consistently hit a jumper.

I dont see it. People get hyped up all the time as potential lottery picks just to fall on draft day

Let me put it this way: Andre Drummond was in that same draft. He is at least 2 inches taller (lets just say the NBA isnt overly excited at PF prospects that might be 6'8), probably more athletic, is capable of blocking shots, and was SIGNIFICANTLY more productive as a freshman in college. He went 9th. A player who by any objective measure is a significantly better prospect, fell to 9th in the draft, yet you're telling me Mcadoo was a guaranteed top 14 pick?

I dont see it

#35 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Eddy Curry, Kwame Brown, Diop

#36 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

I dont see it. People get hyped up all the time as potential lottery picks just to fall on draft day

Let me put it this way: Andre Drummond was in that same draft. He is at least 2 inches taller (lets just say the NBA isnt overly excited at PF prospects that might be 6'8), probably more athletic, is capable of blocking shots, and was SIGNIFICANTLY more productive as a freshman in college. He went 9th. A player who by any objective measure is a significantly better prospect, fell to 9th in the draft, yet you're telling me Mcadoo was a guaranteed top 14 pick?

I dont see it

Yes, that is exactly what I'm telling you. He would've been drafted before Marshall, Zeller, and Henson, Lamb.

Andre Drummond is also 7`0 tall and a C, not PF.

#37 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

Marvin williams is close enough. 10 points, 6 rebs. And he was # 2 overall.

Marvin was not only significantly more productive, he also won a title and had a 3 pt shot.

And rounding correctly would give him 11 pts 7 rebs

#38 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Enes Kanter, Jan Vesely, Bismack Biyombo.

Eddy Curry, Kwame Brown, Diop

So high school guys and Euros.

Though if we are going on stats those high school guys were very productive

College production is the easiest to translate to the NBA, which is why you wont find college guys that were less productive

#39 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

So high school guys and Euros.

Though if we are going on stats those high school guys were very productive

College production is the easiest to translate to the NBA, which is why you wont find college guys that were less productive

Whatever you think. I guess you're an NBA scout?? Only point that matters is by coming back this year, he blew some serious potential money. No chance he does it again.

Even if he comes back next year, Duke will still own you.

#40 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

Yes, that is exactly what I'm telling you. He would've been drafted before Marshall, Zeller, and Henson, Lamb.

Andre Drummond is also 7`0 tall and a C, not PF.

Andre Drummond is 6'10, which is one more reason he was a significantly better prospect than Mcadoo.

What are you telling me? NBA teams dont take undersized PFs who cant produce in college with lottery picks. Period

#41 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

I dont see it

McAdoo is more athletic then Drummond and as bad a shooter as JMM is he is a hell of a lot better then Drummond. Hell Drummond shot 25% from the foul line in college. AD's stats weren't significantly better then JMM's.

#42 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Whatever you think. I guess you're an NBA scout?? Only point that matters is by coming back this year, he blew some serious potential money. No chance he does it again.

Even if he comes back next year, Duke will still own you.

So you are basically conceding the point. I'm correct, I dont particularly care what you think.

And your trash talk would mean more if you started posting before the season was 90% over

#43 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

You're insane. Austin Rivers went at 10. McAdoo would've easily been in top 10. No question. This year he is maybe ~20s. No way he gets back into lottery next year unless he suddenly becomes Antawn Jamison.

I understand you don't want him to leave, but realistically, he is out the door.

Duke fans better be praying JMM, PJ, and Bullock leave.

#44 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

You have your opinion, I have mine.

You're a jaded UNC fan who is blinded by your opinion, all the NBA insiders and scouts opinions be damned!

I am not talking trash about this year but rather next. So it should hold plenty weight.

But UNC also blew this year.

#45 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

McAdoo is more athletic then Drummond and as bad a shooter as JMM is he is a hell of a lot better then Drummond. Hell Drummond shot 25% from the foul line in college. AD's stats weren't significantly better then JMM's.

If anything Mcadoo is less athletic than Drummond, though Drummond is one of the worst shooters I've ever seen in college.

Anthony Davis' stats were much better, mainly because he was an excellent shot blocker and protecting the rim is hugely valuable in the NBA (which is why so many bigs get taken way too soon)

The problem is Mcadoo's prospects would have plummeted when he gets measured and they find out he is 6'7. Best case scenario he is Paul Milsap, and Milsap didnt even get taken 1st round

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com