286 replies to this topic

#46 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Duke fans better be praying JMM, PJ, and Bullock leave.

I hope they all stay. Duke will be better at every position but the 5.

#47 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

You have your opinion, I have mine.

You're a jaded UNC fan who is blinded by your opinion, all the NBA insiders and scouts opinions be damned!

I am not talking trash about this year but rather next. So it should hold plenty weight.

But UNC also blew this year.

How am I blinded by opinion? Do you think I hate Mcadoo?

I just watch a lot of UNC games and have always been interested in the NBA draft.

#48 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

So you are basically conceding the point. I'm correct, I dont particularly care what you think.

And your trash talk would mean more if you started posting before the season was 90% over

Yeah lol. Who is this guy? Where has he been all season?

Some guy with a tarheels bumper sticker probably cut him off on I-77 two weeks ago. Now he's suddey a duke fan, lol.

It takes balls though to talk poo on a message board with a picture of your kid for everyone to see.

#49 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

So high school guys and Euros.

Though if we are going on stats those high school guys were very productive

College production is the easiest to translate to the NBA, which is why you wont find college guys that were less productive

Exactly the NBA drafts on potential and when JMM got in the game his freshman year he was productive.

#50 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Last year JMM showed he can be a fantastic all around, post player...

This year he showed he cannot (at least now) put a team on his shoulders and carry them...

I agree with the others here... Last year, top 10... This year, he will be lucky to go in the lottery...

#51 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Yeah lol. Who is this guy? Where has he been all season?

Some guy with a tarheels bumper sticker probably cut him off on I-77 two weeks ago. Now he's suddey a duke fan, lol.

It takes balls though to talk poo on a message board with a picture of your kid for everyone to see.

Why should I be concerned an angry UNC fan is gonna recognize my son ? lol

As much as I've enjoyed this conversation, i'll have to table it for tomorrow. Leaving the office now.

#52 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

If you Duke fans want to derail legitimate threads and throw out insults, please create a different thread for you to do so. I don't care for reading past 2 worthless pages of insults and bandwagoners to get some useful info.

#53 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Last year JMM showed he can be a fantastic all around, post player...

This year he showed he cannot (at least now) put a team on his shoulders and carry them...

I agree with the others here... Last year, top 10... This year, he will be lucky to go in the lottery...

I agree w/ this 110%. You're a wake guy too, right?

#54 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

Exactly the NBA drafts on potential and when JMM got in the game his freshman year he was productive.

Here is the thing- he wasnt.

Everybody remembers the ACC tourney when he stepped in for Henson and looked like a seamless fit on that good team. And thats what all the pro hype was about- he looked really good after finally getting a chance. The problem with that line of thinking is that he got plenty of playing time throughout the season- and was complete garbage for most of it.

But when he made the decision to come back, his stock was still at its peak following his good finish to the year. And since he didnt declare for the draft, scouts never bothered scrutinizing his earlier games. Superficially he looked like a great prospect- big high school player, pro body, athletic, some big games against good teams. But realistically he was a guy who played badly for 90% of the season, is awfully short for an NBA PF, and cant play post defense.

I just think his stock would have dropped as draft time approached

#55 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

I'm just gonna leave with this- a month before last years draft everyone would have told you Sullinger and Perry Jones were lottery picks too

#56 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,748 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Yeah one more year would certainly do him good. But you gotta look at it like this...next year's draft. Tony Parker from UCLA, Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins, basically the starting 5 from Kentucky, Rodney Purvis, Shane Larkin, etc...that draft is going to be loaded.

This year? not so much lol

I just had to laugh at this. The rest of the players sure, but Tony too fat and immature to get off the bench Parker? With those names? Come on now. Neither draftexpress or .net have him listed anywhere.

#57 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Here is the thing- he wasnt.

Everybody remembers the ACC tourney when he stepped in for Henson and looked like a seamless fit on that good team. And thats what all the pro hype was about- he looked really good after finally getting a chance. The problem with that line of thinking is that he got plenty of playing time throughout the season- and was complete garbage for most of it.

But when he made the decision to come back, his stock was still at its peak following his good finish to the year. And since he didnt declare for the draft, scouts never bothered scrutinizing his earlier games. Superficially he looked like a great prospect- big high school player, pro body, athletic, some big games against good teams. But realistically he was a guy who played badly for 90% of the season, is awfully short for an NBA PF, and cant play post defense.

I just think his stock would have dropped as draft time approached

But here's the thing he was good when he started getting more minutes which started with the second Duke game(20+ minutes). From that game until the KU game he averaged 11ppg and shot 60% from the field and that's having to share the ball with Zeller, Henson/Marshall, and Barnes.

#58 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

I agree w/ this 110%. You're a wake guy too, right?

Nah, I'm a Heels fan

#59 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

But here's the thing he was good when he started getting more minutes which started with the second Duke game(20+ minutes). From that game until the KU game he averaged 11ppg and shot 60% from the field and that's having to share the ball with Zeller, Henson/Marshall, and Barnes.

So he only started playing well after the entire regular season was over. Thats kind of my point, he produced in only a few games even though he was playing ~15 min/ game the entire season. He had a few good games, but when it comes down to draft time you arent going to spend a high pick on a guy without the complete body of work, especially if he doesnt even have prototypical size to play to play his position at the next level.

Well, good teams wouldnt. I suppose its always possible one team could waste a lottery pick on a guy without even scouting him thoroughly

#60 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

So he only started playing well after the entire regular season was over. Thats kind of my point, he produced in only a few games even though he was playing ~15 min/ game the entire season. He had a few good games, but when it comes down to draft time you arent going to spend a high pick on a guy without the complete body of work, especially if he doesnt even have prototypical size to play to play his position at the next level.

Well, good teams wouldnt. I suppose its always possible one team could waste a lottery pick on a guy without even scouting him thoroughly

Dude how many high school players and players from overseas have been drafted in the lottery? Tons and they didn't play a single minute or score a single point in college so like I said the NBA drafts on potential. JMM was the #4 recruit in his class and his strengths were athleticism, versatility, and aggressive scorer so he would have been drafted in the top 15 straight out of high school if it was allowed just on potential.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.