Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TX High School Senior bench presses 700lbs

26 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, I don't think those shirts help that much... plus you still have to hold it with your hands and forearms. 700lbs is heavy. I think my arms would break.

Posted

So, without the shirt, does it equate to 525-550 lbs?

That's probably about right. A lifter who knows how to lift with a 3 ply shirt can easily add 2-300 lbs on their bench with a shirt. Don't really understand how someone can be so proud of what is essentially an assisted lift; what's next, hydraulic bench shirts? lol

Posted

Yep, my son is all in to the weight lifting. He is very clean, just protein powder and omega oil tablets and stuff. I think he weighs about 160 and benches 275. But, he does not have the big pump that many have, not sure if that is due to him not using the cycles that his friends do or what.

I have went to a couple of powerlifting meets and find it funny watching the guys walk around in those shirts with their arms pulled straight out in front of them. I am like you, whats the point?

Posted

I've never heard of those shirts before. Could someone explain to me how they help?

Posted

I've never heard of those shirts before. Could someone explain to me how they help?

I just did a little reading on it and apparently it can actually significantly improve your bench weight... that's stupid. Why do it then?

The shirt actually pulls your arms up... some of them you can't even pull your arms back without the weight of the bar pressing them down.

Posted

My son says it can help 20-25%

World record no assist is like 700 but same guy did 1008 with shirt

Posted

he has real nice boobies

Posted

He moved the bar a total of like 4.3 inches

Posted

He moved the bar a total of like 4.3 inches

Short arms

Posted

pffft, let's see him get his arms up to par like mines