#1 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

According to ESPN, he's declaring for free agency.

http://sports.espn.g...e=ESPNHeadlines

I wonder if we can get him and keep Felton too....

#2 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,886 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:17 PM

He would fit on most teams due to his overall talent and team player mentality. However he will now easily be a top five free agent and rarely do you see those go to another team in the same division. Orlando will do whatever it takes to keep him and go beyond that to prevent him from coming here. Plus he will probably command GW's contract (or more).

#3 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:29 PM

I would love to have him. He's just the kind of guy Brown likes... a guy who drives to the basket and tries to get contact and a foul. Though sometimes he doesn't finish which is very frustrating.

#4 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 03:39 PM

he also has one of the ugliest shots i've ever seen....its like the ball doesn't get any arc behind it but it goes in...wouldn't mind him here and he could be the piece that puts us in the playoffs....that's if we can get him

#5 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:08 PM

On his off nights, he can play basketball for the Charlotte 49ers. Nobody would ever know he wasn't Charles Dewhurst.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,335 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:09 PM

He's looking for 10 million per season for around 7 years. We can't really afford to sign him to that kind of contract, and if we did sign him. What would be the starting Lineup???? We would have to let Felton go for sure.
So say we draft Henderson

Augustine/Singletary
Henderson/Bell
Wallace/Vlad
Turk/Diaw/Howard/Ajinca
Okafor/Diop/Nozar

Edited by carpanfan96, 15 June 2009 - 07:13 PM.

#7 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:20 PM

He's looking for 10 million per season for around 7 years. We can't really afford to sign him to that kind of contract, and if we did sign him. What would be the starting Lineup???? We would have to let Felton go for sure.
So say we draft Henderson

Augustine/Singletary
Henderson/Bell
Wallace/Vlad
Turk/Diaw/Howard/Ajinca
Okafor/Diop/Nozar

what if we do get rid of Muhammed and his massive contract? I think we can do it. I have no idea what our cap situation is. But i'm envisioning a line-up like this:

C - Okafur
PF - Turkoglu
SF - Wallace
SG - Diaw
PG - Felton

that looks good 2 me

#8 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

what if we do get rid of Muhammed and his massive contract? I think we can do it. I have no idea what our cap situation is. But i'm envisioning a line-up like this:

C - Okafur
PF - Turkoglu
SF - Wallace
SG - Diaw
PG - Felton

that looks good 2 me

First of all it is Mohammed not Muhammed, and he has already asked the Bobcats organization to either play me or trade me. Secondly Turk is actually listed at Small Forward not Power Forward, so the Bobcats probably would not pursue him since they have worked out so many Power Forwards for the NBA Draft. Thirdly Diaw is a Power Forward not a Shooting Guard, the smallest position Diaw has ever played is Small Forward with the Phoenix Suns. Finally do you know anything about basketball?

#9 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:35 PM

Actually, Diaw came into the league as a shooting guard

#10 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:58 PM

That's why I said with the Phoenix Sun's, because he hasn't played shooting guard in a long time. He actually listed as Forward/Center on his profile page. That is why the Bobcats also traded for Raja Bell, so he could play shooting guard for the Bobcats and Diaw could play the Power Forward spot.

#11 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,335 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:59 PM

First of all it is Mohammed not Muhammed, and he has already asked the Bobcats organization to either play me or trade me. Secondly Turk is actually listed at Small Forward not Power Forward, so the Bobcats probably would not pursue him since they have worked out so many Power Forwards for the NBA Draft. Thirdly Diaw is a Power Forward not a Shooting Guard, the smallest position Diaw has ever played is Small Forward with the Phoenix Suns. Finally do you know anything about basketball?

Yea, he was a shooting guard and he played point when he was in Atlanta, he also played PG for the Suns when Nash went down in 2005, later on in the season he moved to Center when everyone else got hurt. That season he average 13.3 pts 6.9 rpg and 6.2 apg with 1 bpg.

Edited by carpanfan96, 15 June 2009 - 11:01 PM.

#12 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:01 PM

Actually let me correrct myself Diaw did sub in at Point Guard for a brief moment with the Phoenix Suns, when Steve Nash went down with an injury. However he is a natural Small Forward and plays bigger positions better than he plays small positions.

#13 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:02 PM

Yea, he was a shooting guard and he played point when he was in Atlanta, he also played PG for the Suns when Nash went down in 2005, later on in the season he moved to Center when everyone else got hurt. That season he average 13.3 pts 6.9 rpg and 6.2 apg with 1 bpg.

But he never played SG when he was with Phoenix and if he did it was very brief.

#14 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:04 PM

All in all it doesn't really matter because the Bobcats won't pursue anyone until during the draft on a draft day trade or after the draft. By the way the draft is next Thursday I think. For all of those that want to watch.

#15 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:52 AM

i don't keep up with basketball that well...outside the big names or college basketball, i really don't keep up with it like I do football...so if i did get anything mixed up, my bad. that list came off the top of my head where i thought everyone played at

Edited by tarheelpride, 16 June 2009 - 12:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users