Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CPF96 Mock Draft #1

45 posts in this topic

Posted

Unless Lane Johnson falls to the Panther's pick, OL isn't an option in the first round at all. The only DT I'd think about taking at 14 is Star. The other BPA would be DE's, 3-4 LB's and such. So the BPA for the Panther's system and needs is a WR. Patterson has gotten hype since before the season ended as he was told by the Draft advisory he'd be the top WR in this class and next years.

CB is much deeper imo then DT for the second round and Taylor is a borderline 1st.top of the second round guy with excellent - elite speed and athleticism that fits Carolina's scheme perfectly. As for the DT, Hughes is a 2nd round talent guy with character concerns. Maybe even a borderline first rounder just based on talent.

As for the Lester pick, it's a BPA type of approach coupled with his upside and him being a potential starter - it's a good risk in the 5th.

You said this in another thread.

You do know that Marqise Lee and Sammy Watkins are coming out next year???

Who said that Patterson would be better then them and both are considered top 5 and top 10 picks now?

Posted

You said this in another thread.

You do know that Marqise Lee and Sammy Watkins are coming out next year???

Who said that Patterson would be better then them and both are considered top 5 and top 10 picks now?

I know who's coming out in next years draft and Patterson is so highly rated that NFL has him as the highest rated WR of the past 3-4 drafts. Even over Green and Jones.

NFL gave AJ green a grade of 8.6 out of 10, they gave Jones a 8.4 out of 10. They've given Patterson a grade of 9.1 out of a

10. Which on their scale means he's a perennial pro bowler just 4 points out of the Future HOF rank.

http://www.nfl.com/d...d=2495454#tab=1

http://www.nfl.com/d...d=2495450#tab=1

http://www.nfl.com/d...rson?id=2540145

While I was previewing players for my mock draft and looking up information, highlights and so forth I found a link from a paper in Knoxville. I won't post a link to it because it's by Kiper Jr. Back in December Kiper was saying he would be a top 5 pick next draft with continued production at Tennessee. I discredit it because it's from Kiper so the above from NFL.com's scouts.

Posted

I know who's coming out in next years draft and Patterson is so highly rated that NFL has him as the highest rated WR of the past 3-4 drafts. Even over Green and Jones.

NFL gave AJ green a grade of 8.6 out of 10, they gave Jones a 8.4 out of 10. They've given Patterson a grade of 9.1 out of a

10. Which on their scale means he's a perennial pro bowler just 4 points out of the Future HOF rank.

http://www.nfl.com/d...d=2495454#tab=1

http://www.nfl.com/d...d=2495450#tab=1

http://www.nfl.com/d...rson?id=2540145

While I was previewing players for my mock draft and looking up information, highlights and so forth I found a link from a paper in Knoxville. I won't post a link to it because it's by Kiper Jr. Back in December Kiper was saying he would be a top 5 pick next draft with continued production at Tennessee. I discredit it because it's from Kiper so the above from NFL.com's scouts.

You might want to check and see if they change the grading system before posting that because they also have

Deandre Hopkins (the 5th ranked WR) graded higher then AJ green and Julio at 87.8. We all know that's not true.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/deandre-hopkins?id=2540165

Keenan Allen is graded Higher then AJ green and Julio at 86.3

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/keenan-allen?id=2540154

And Tavon Austin is graded higher then everybody at 91.4 and he is a slot WR.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/tavon-austin?id=2539336

You didn't see nothing wrong with that before you posted it???

Posted

You might want to check and see if they change the grading system before posting that because they also have

Deandre Hopkins (the 5th ranked WR) graded higher then AJ green and Julio at 87.8. We all know that's not true.

http://www.nfl.com/d...kins?id=2540165

Keenan Allen is graded Higher then AJ green and Julio at 86.3

http://www.nfl.com/d...llen?id=2540154

And Tavon Austin is graded higher then everybody at 91.4 and he is a slot WR.

http://www.nfl.com/d...stin?id=2539336

You didn't see nothing wrong with that before you posted it???

I checked before, they did change it.

Austin and Patterson still have similar ratings to Green and Jones. Patterson has that unique combination of size + speed and athleticism that is rare even in the NFL. You've got to check on what the rating means and the rating for Austin and Patterson are immediate starters and possible perennial pro bowlers with them being closer to future HOF player. Austin gets this because of the importance of a good slot WR and st play. He can come in and start immediately for a team at both KR/PR and as a slot while Patterson with his size and speed can come in and become a team's number 1 wr. What sets the two apart is Patterson's size and speed combined with his high football IQ.

Posted

I checked before, they did change it.

Austin and Patterson still have similar ratings to Green and Jones. Patterson has that unique combination of size + speed and athleticism that is rare even in the NFL. You've got to check on what the rating means and the rating for Austin and Patterson are immediate starters and possible perennial pro bowlers with them being closer to future HOF player. Austin gets this because of the importance of a good slot WR and st play. He can come in and start immediately for a team at both KR/PR and as a slot while Patterson with his size and speed can come in and become a team's number 1 wr. What sets the two apart is Patterson's size and speed combined with his high football IQ.

Just show me a link to a scout that says he is in the same class as Julio and AJ.

Stop showing links with messed up grades and presenting them as accurate.

Jesus how do you post that as proof when you knew they change the grading scale?

High football IQ but can't read coverages. Yeah that goes together.

No one other then you is saying that any WR this year is a Megatron, AJ green , Julio type.

No scout No poster No coaches or FO.

You are seriously over rating this kid. He will never live up to these standards.

If he was a AJ green type why isn't he getting talk about going in the top 5?

KC, Oakland, Jacksonville could all use a AJ Green, Megatron type. None are talking about Patterson.

You really need to stop.

Posted

Mayock said he was a top 5-10 prospect, Kiper said he would be a top 5-10 prospect next year and was a top 10 guy this year.

BOTTOM LINE

He may be considered raw with his ability to handle physical coverage, but Patterson is one of the more naturally talented pass catchers to come along in the last few years.

On WR Cordarrelle Patterson:

He's still not where he needs to be from route running and being the complete receiver ready for the NFL. Is he NFL-ready? Physically, he is. He still needs to work on some things. You take him, you coach him up, and you figure you're getting a guy that, if he goes back to Tennessee, could be a top-five pick. I have him at 11 right now.

His coaches rave about his football intelligence and his competitive nature, playing focused and fiery.

Posted

good mock. i like patterson at 14. aj green and julio jones were top 8 picks. they stayed in college more years than patterson so they are more developed. patterson is just as athletic is not more than these two recievers. there are no knocks against patterson work ethic so there no sign of him not putting in the work to get better at the things that can be improved(route running). so taking him 6 spots lower than were developed #1 wr usually go in the draft makes it a good idea. cause if we have another 7-9 8-8 season were not going to be drafting sammy watkins or marquis lee so the time is now.

Posted

Mayock said he was a top 5-10 prospect, Kiper said he would be a top 5-10 prospect next year and was a top 10 guy this year.

BOTTOM LINE

He may be considered raw with his ability to handle physical coverage, but Patterson is one of the more naturally talented pass catchers to come along in the last few years.

None of these things say he is on the level as Aj Green and Julio Jones.

Where did Mayock say that at??

Where did Kiper say that??

Then you posted something from his coach and act like it's fact really???

Link something that says he is on the same level prospect as Megatron, AJ green, and Julio Jones.

Posted

None of these things say he is on the level as Aj Green and Julio Jones.

Where did Mayock say that at??

Where did Kiper say that??

Then you posted something from his coach and act like it's fact really???

Link something that says he is on the same level prospect as Megatron, AJ green, and Julio Jones.

I posted the link to kiper saying that. Mayock is via twitter and a video on nfl.com. Saying he's one of the most gifted wr of the past few years is putting him up there with Jones and Green.

Posted

I posted the link to kiper saying that. Mayock is via twitter and a video on nfl.com. Saying he's one of the most gifted wr of the past few years is putting him up there with Jones and Green.

No you haven't. You post the same link about him being One of the most natural pass catcher. That doesn't mean he one of the most gifted WR.

There is more to being a WR then just having natural hands and good speed. They said Stephenhill had natural hands and great speed and size last year.

You keep side stepping these question. So I'll ask again.

Would you trade 5 picks to get him like Atl did for Julio?

Or would you pick him in the top 5 this year if we had a top 5 pick? Like AJ green.

If any of these questions is a no then he is not in their category of prospect.

Posted

No you haven't. You post the same link about him being One of the most natural pass catcher. That doesn't mean he one of the most gifted WR.

There is more to being a WR then just having natural hands and good speed. They said Stephenhill had natural hands and great speed and size last year.

You keep side stepping these question. So I'll ask again.

Would you trade 5 picks to get him like Atl did for Julio?

Or would you pick him in the top 5 this year if we had a top 5 pick? Like AJ green.

If any of these questions is a no then he is not in their category of prospect.

You seem to forget that scouts thought that Bryant, Green and Jones would have trouble with NFL playbooks because they got the stupid low football IQ statement.

I posted a link to Kiper calling him a top 5 guy next year, I've posted the link to NFL.com calling him one of the most naturally talented WR's of the past few drafts.

I've even posted links to Mayock saying he's a top 10 guy in this draft even with him being raw with routes. That's just how explosive he is.

If we had a top 5 pick with our need at WR, I would absolutely take him. He's a much better prospect then most of the other offensive players in this draft. He's a top 2 Offensive talent, right behind Jockel.

Posted

You seem to forget that scouts thought that Bryant, Green and Jones would have trouble with NFL playbooks because they got the stupid low football IQ statement.

I posted a link to Kiper calling him a top 5 guy next year, I've posted the link to NFL.com calling him one of the most naturally talented WR's of the past few drafts.

I've even posted links to Mayock saying he's a top 10 guy in this draft even with him being raw with routes. That's just how explosive he is.

If we had a top 5 pick with our need at WR, I would absolutely take him. He's a much better prospect then most of the other offensive players in this draft. He's a top 2 Offensive talent, right behind Jockel.

1. They only question Green at not having elite Speed and a thin frame. Nothing about his intelligence and route running. And Bryant was a 20' pick which I would have less problem taking Patterson then.

2. You poo on kiper but will use him when he says something nice about a prospect you like?

3. Mayock also said that because it's so weak at the top of this draft. Pretty much no Franchise QB' s helps him. Only 1 elite CB helps him. No elite RB helps him. No elite skill position players help him be at the top of this draft.

4. So in your mind you have him over Fisher, Johnson, the 2 Guards, Austin ,Allen, over nothing but 1 year numbers good speed a few highlights and potential?

Well everybody got their opinion I guess.