SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,561 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

goddamn i can't even begin to imagine how you live with yourself after that

I couldn't. Holy poo there is no way. So sad.

#17 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,576 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

I know how I could prevent it though....

I don't have any guns in the house.

#18 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,561 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

Trying to get rid of mine now. They were handed down from my grandfather so its a slippery issue.. They are locked away and haven't been opened since my first son was born.

#19 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,576 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

Yeah I am going to get an old old black powder musket handed down to me...it doesn't fire anymore which is I guess the exception to my rule. If it's a paper weight its ok.

:)

#20 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

First thing you do when you clean pick up a gun.....

fify

#21 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

Do you consider yourself a responsible driver?

Ever sped?
Ever had a beer too many then drove?
Ever roll stopped a stop sign?
Ever not wear a seatbelt?

Surely you cannot be considered a responsible driver if you've ever done any of those...oh you can

apples to oranges and if you want to start using completely incomparable things to support your point of view just because its your point of view, can start calling you KT? Because he did the same poo all the time.

You are trying to speak on a subject you are ignorant on and I can tell this because you are even trying to argue that the guy was a so called responsible gun owner when the fact that he accidentally blew his own sons head off would mean evidence is quit to the contrary.

#22 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,576 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

apples to oranges and if you want to start using completely incomparable things to support your point of view just because its your point of view, can start calling you KT? Because he did the same poo all the time.

You are trying to speak on a subject you are ignorant on and I can tell this because you are even trying to argue that the guy was a so called responsible gun owner when the fact that he accidentally blew his own sons head off would mean evidence is quit to the contrary.

I am saying in hindsight that it is easy to say this guy was irresponsible. Don't want to chance blowing your kids head off? Don't own a gun. Don't want to chance getting pregnant? Don't have sex. Don't want to chance dying while bungee jumping don't go bungee jumping.

People who own guns accept a risk that one day that gun may kill a kid or a loved one....it's an assumed risk.

I choose to not take that risk.

What subject am I ignorant on?

I'll enjoy this...please say guns...pretty please

#23 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

I am saying in hindsight that it is easy to say this guy was irresponsible. Don't want to chance blowing your kids head off? Don't own a gun. Don't want to chance getting pregnant? Don't have sex. Don't want to chance dying while bungee jumping don't go bungee jumping.

People who own guns accept a risk that one day that gun may kill a kid or a loved one....it's an assumed risk.

I choose to not take that risk.

What subject am I ignorant on?

I'll enjoy this...please say guns...pretty please

People that drive cars accept a risk that one day that car may be involved in an accident killing a kid or loved one. It's an assumed risk.

Stupidity is what kills. Guns are only as dangerous as the idiots holding them allow them to be.

#24 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,576 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

I agree on the assumed risk. This kids would be alive if not for the gun. Assumed risk.

#25 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,233 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

I don't like guns, they scare me. But common sense has to tell you to never bring guns around kids and to make sure the gun is empty. Really feel for this father, sometimes people get too comfortable with guns and accidents like this happen. Very sad.

#26 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

I received my first real shotgun when I was about 15. I got it from my dad that Christmas morning.

We had taken it outside on the back deck and had fired a couple shells through it just to check it out.

We came back inside and I was standing by him in his chair as he was showing me (and figuring it out himself, since it was an odd single action Russian make weapon). He closed the action with a shell in it, and the gun discharged... right there into the living room wall, destroying a lamp and the wall behind it with #8 bird shot.

This story could have been about me, and my situation was a total accident.

My dad and myself learned a valuable lesson that day. It was one that we carelessly disregarded at that point, but the very "realness" of the incident made us both respect guns a whole lot more.

I'm still a strong supporter of people arming themselves. But my story and this tragedy are examples of how, if you're going to be a gun owner, you need to be very very very very responsible.

There is risk involved. Absolutely. But put yourself in a situation like this father now finds himself in. Make absolutely sure that you do everything you possibly can so that it isn't you or someone you love that we're reading about next time.

#27 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

Do you consider yourself a responsible driver?

Ever sped?
Ever had a beer too many then drove?
Ever roll stopped a stop sign?
Ever not wear a seatbelt?

Surely you cannot be considered a responsible driver if you've ever done any of those...oh you can

If you do all of that, especially the second one, then I would say no you can't be considered a responsible driver.

Besides, I thought the analogy of vehicles was off limits.

#28 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,316 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

I agree on the assumed risk. This kids would be alive if not for the gun. Assumed risk.

Yeah...but someone who died in a car accident would be slice if the did not get in a car.

Someone who drowned in the ocean would be Alice if they had not give swimming.

By your illogical logic, we should ban cars and swimming.

Guy was completely irresponsible....you don't clean a gun unless you KNOW it is unloaded. And, you never clean a gun around kids.

Guy was at fault....yet as usual you try and blame the gun.

#29 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,576 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

Oh I completely blame the guy. I don't feel bad though because he knew the risk and thought owning a gun was more important than the safety of his kid.

Assumed risk.

My kid won't accidentally shot by me since I don't own a gun.

#30 Cage

Cage

Killer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationHustlin' in the streets

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

1. Treat every weapon as if it were loaded
2. Never point your weapon at anything you don't intend to shoot
3. Keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to fire
4. Keep your weapon on safe until you intend to fire.

PROFIT.

How fuging hard is that???? He should have cleared the weapon before cleaning, and even while cleaning he shouldn't have been 'flagging' anybody with it. Some people should be fuging lobotomized and sterilized. If this dumbass had been sterilized his kid wouldn't be dead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.