12 replies to this topic

#1 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:54 PM

I wish him the best of luck. He's definitely talented enough to be successful... I wonder if a team has told him they'd take him in the 1st (and get the guaranteed $)??

#2 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:56 PM

I wish him the best of luck. He's definitely talented enough to be successful... I wonder if a team has told him they'd take him in the 1st (and get the guaranteed $)??

If he can go in the first, it was a smart move. If not, this is dumb, dumb, dumb.

We'll miss his free throw shooting at the end of games. We'll miss those nights when his hot hand frees up all of our bigs inside.

But...we have more than enough talent on hand to compete for the Final Four next year.

#3 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 03:44 PM

IMO that takes Kentucky from a title contender to an elite 8 team. Every national champion has experience and guys they turn to in order to hit shots for them at the end of games...Its hard to rely on big men for those shots and that is essentially what UK is going to have to do.

#4 Panthericulous

Panthericulous

I'm calmer than you are..

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:25 PM

its hurts, but he made the right descision... next years draft class is so much deeper and unless he was a HUGE hit in coach cal's offense, then he would have an even worse chance at being a first rd pick next year...

we will miss him a lot... but im still happy with our team... darius miller will just have step up... he has that kind of talent and this opens the door for him one year earlier than i thought...

#5 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:20 AM

IMO that takes Kentucky from a title contender to an elite 8 team. Every national champion has experience and guys they turn to in order to hit shots for them at the end of games...Its hard to rely on big men for those shots and that is essentially what UK is going to have to do.

I agree. Meeks was a very important piece of that puzzle for Kentucky IMO. You can never underestimate experience. However, as tempting as it might have been for him to come back and be a part of a loaded team, he made the right decision. Not only is the draft going to be more heavy next year, his stock probably will not rise anymore. He would certainly not have gotten all the shots he did this year and he wouldn't have been putting up 50 point games either, just too many options at Kentucky this year.

#6 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:32 AM

I agree. Meeks was a very important piece of that puzzle for Kentucky IMO. You can never underestimate experience. However, as tempting as it might have been for him to come back and be a part of a loaded team, he made the right decision. Not only is the draft going to be more heavy next year, his stock probably will not rise anymore. He would certainly not have gotten all the shots he did this year and he wouldn't have been putting up 50 point games either, just too many options at Kentucky this year.

If the Cavs, Magic, Lakers or Celtics grab him, he'll be one happy camper, I would think. If he goes round two to the Clippers, he's hating life.

#7 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:24 PM

its hurts, but he made the right descision... next years draft class is so much deeper and unless he was a HUGE hit in coach cal's offense, then he would have an even worse chance at being a first rd pick next year...

we will miss him a lot... but im still happy with our team... darius miller will just have step up... he has that kind of talent and this opens the door for him one year earlier than i thought...

You should be, you're gonna have a helluva team, regardless...

#8 Panthericulous

Panthericulous

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:51 AM

You should be, you're gonna have a helluva team, regardless...

looks like it on paper... i think the players cal brought in and kept from the roster will fit nicely with his scheme... i have heard great things from lexington from those who have been watching patterson specifically in practices... i really think darius miller will be a stud... uber athlete and was second on the team in 3pt %, behind jodie.... hit a couple big threes late in a few games....

but it will take us a few games to get used to the style of play.... should be a fun season to watch because there will be a lot of good teams...

#9 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:53 PM

Jodie was the 41st pick... I think a lot of teams blew it as much as Jodie did

#10 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:57 PM

Jodie was the 41st pick... I think a lot of teams blew it as much as Jodie did

He's an undersized 2 guard with zero point guard skills which translates to the college level but not the pros when when the average 2 guard is about 6'6'' and the average PG isn't going to have trouble blowing by Meeks. I think he is a talented guy but when you are 6'4'' and shorter you typically need to have some sort of PG skill set.

#11 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:35 PM

Meeks blew it. Plain and simple. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

#12 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:48 PM

^ sometimes you wonder where these kids are getting their information.

#13 Panthericulous

Panthericulous

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:21 PM

the reason he went... and for the record i think he should have stayed to fine tune his handling and his ability to create his own shot.... was because if all was the same next year, he is looking at not even being drafted... next years class is so much stronger with so many players having opted to stay in school and a very talented freshmen class....

wish him luck... he can be taught handling... he is a great defender, one of the fastest baseline to baseline players i have seen in a long time.. he has a shot to be a solid contributor in a rotation that has some stars... unfortunately thats not the bucks..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com