Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kawann Short

55 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Toundra' timestamp='1364482454' post='2179298']

*cough* well same for me since my previous DTs were McClain sigh.. and Jaye Howard, i still think Jaye is a good DT for the Seahawks, but he is not playing..
[/quote]

I cannot figure DT out and never will. Ha! at least we admit our shortcomings.

Posted · Report post

Kawann short flew to Carolina yesterday or today I think to meet with panthers brass. So there's interest, like him a lot as a player, knew he was a good rusher but saw in the senior bowl that he's good against the run too, much better than Richardson in my opinion

Posted · Report post

Short has the ability to be the best DT to come out of this draft but must learn to give maximum effort on a much more consistent basis.

I'd love for him to be our pick at 44.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Ok, I must say I slipped on Short. This dude is a BEAST. Every video I watch on him he is getting TFL and sacks. An absolute terror on the line.

Who every gets this guy is gonna have a good one. People are severally underestimating / undervaluing this kid.

Posted · Report post

I need to take a second look, I suppose.

I would caution judging defensive players in the senior bowl, however. The offenses are very vanilla and the OL is so mixed up there is no chemistry.

Posted · Report post

Watch my favorite late round DT, Boyd from Miss St.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dash Global' timestamp='1364585930' post='2180598']
Ok, I must say I slipped on Short. This dude is a BEAST. Every video I watch on him he is getting TFL and sacks. An absolute terror on the line.

Who every gets this guy is gonna have a good one. People are severally underestimating / undervaluing this kid.
[/quote]

Yeah the kid is a beast. He's probably been the most productive DL in this draft. If it wasn't for the inconsistent motor he'd be a sure fire 1st round pick. I hope he falls but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he doesn't.

Another thing is that Short, like several of the top DL, will be 25 by the time next season ends, which I found interesting.

Posted · Report post

Watched a lot of his videos. He seems to lack mobility side to side, Also he seemed to give up on plays quite often. Out of the 2nd round dt's, my favorite is Sylvester Williams.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DoubleTrouble34' timestamp='1364596622' post='2180742']
Watched a lot of his videos. He seems to lack mobility side to side, Also he seemed to give up on plays quite often. Out of the 2nd round dt's, my favorite is Sylvester Williams.
[/quote]

I don't think he'll be there in the 2nd but if he is I'd take Williams too. One of my favorite players in the draft.

Posted · Report post

I've been on the Short wagon since the beginning of the year. I think he represents the best value in the draft. I wouldn't mind taking him outright at 14 but we could probably trade back and still get him. Nobody in this class has his level of productivity.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Clicheking' timestamp='1364766821' post='2181921']
I've been on the Short wagon since the beginning of the year. I think he represents the best value in the draft. I wouldn't mind taking him outright at 14 but we could probanly tarde back and still get him. Nobody in this class has his level of productivity.
[/quote]

his tackles for loss and sacks the past 2 years cant be touched.

people will be kicking themselves for passing on Short imo

has a real nose for the ball and getting in the backfield.

Posted · Report post

He takes plays off and is really inconsistent, but he does have potential to be good if a coach keeps him going. I think there will be better options for us, but hopefully we can get our DT and WR of the future with our first two picks.