* * * - - 2 votes

Kawann Short

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 aussiePanther

aussiePanther

ROOKIE

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:11 AM

So I don't hate the idea of this guy, but I would prefer a focus on run stuffing over pass rushing given the success our DEs and Dwann had last season.

I'll drop Jesse Williams' name again, but I'd almost be as happy with Star and not too unhappy about Floyd.

#32 Dash Global

Dash Global

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

i've seen several.

looked at one just now that i kind of randomly selected not knowing any stats or anything and what i saw was 3 pretty big plays (would have been 4 where he made what would have been a tackle for loss, except he tackled the wrong guy...still impressive, tho). but for the most part it was pretty blah.

here's the one i watched...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyEX6JgfSaM

i don't think it would take long to find more that showed the same thing.

to a small degree he reminds me of peppers who had a couple huge plays every game, but for most of the time he just wasn't all that spectacular. what i saw in short was a guy who could take advantage of holes that showed up (which happens in every game) and being able to completely capitalize on them (which should happen), but he doesn't seem like the guy that is constantly disrupting the pocket or stressing the QB. just occassionally. when he does, it's impressive. it just doesn't happen often enough.

Tackles For Loss and Sacks are the most important stats for a DLmen

Short is easily the best at getting TFL and sacks.

If I remember correctly he has about 3 TIMES the number of TFL and sacks as Flyod.

I just watched a few seconds of that vid and one play he drives the OG all the back into the QB like the G was on roller skates.

Like I said, ppl are gonna wish they didnt pass on this guy.

#33 Gabeking

Gabeking

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

Dwan graded out negative as a pass rusher and was even worse in run defense. 6 Sacks does not represent who he was as a player.

I really thought I was the only one who thought this. Thank god lol

#34 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

Dwan graded out negative as a pass rusher and was even worse in run defense. 6 Sacks does not represent who he was as a player.

incidentally, i think the same could be said for short's stats and that's the problem most are having with him. they just aren't sure who they're going to get. that's why he's going to fall into the 2nd or 3rd round and i don't think teams that pass up on him are going to be all that bothered by it.

#35 Dash Global

Dash Global

HUDDLER

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

When Short is blowing up plays in the backfield (TFL) and sacking the QB regularly in the NFL (like he has done on elite status the last 2 years in the NCAA) ppl will regret passing on him.

#36 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

When Short is blowing up plays in the backfield (TFL) and sacking the QB regularly in the NFL (like he has done on elite status the last 2 years in the NCAA) ppl will regret passing on him.

yes, for those big 3-5 plays a game out of 60-70 per game, they will regret it. i think they'll make out ok for the 50 or so he's just kind of there.

#37 Dash Global

Dash Global

HUDDLER

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

Then Floyd with all of his hustle will only manage 1-3 sacks and maybe 8 tackles for loss.

The UT's job is to get pressure and penetrate the gaps. No one does that better than Short.

#38 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

Then Floyd with all of his hustle will only manage 1-3 sacks and maybe 8 tackles for loss.

The UT's job is to get pressure and penetrate the gaps. No one does that better than Short.

its the DLs job to get CONSISTENT pressure...there are better. that's the earned and deserved knock against him. he's inconsistent. that's why there are more than likely going to be several DTs taken ahead of him and why he'll probably fall into the second or even third round....and teams won't think twice about passing him by.

#39 Dash Global

Dash Global

HUDDLER

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

So ur saying Floyd gets more consistent pressure on the qb?

Pick a game for each and ill go and track all the qb hurries, sacks, TFL, etc.

#40 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:22 AM

i've seen several.

looked at one just now that i kind of randomly selected not knowing any stats or anything and what i saw was 3 pretty big plays (would have been 4 where he made what would have been a tackle for loss, except he tackled the wrong guy...still impressive, tho). but for the most part it was pretty blah.

here's the one i watched...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyEX6JgfSaM

i don't think it would take long to find more that showed the same thing.

to a small degree he reminds me of peppers who had a couple huge plays every game, but for most of the time he just wasn't all that spectacular. what i saw in short was a guy who could take advantage of holes that showed up (which happens in every game) and being able to completely capitalize on them (which should happen), but he doesn't seem like the guy that is constantly disrupting the pocket or stressing the QB. just occassionally. when he does, it's impressive. it just doesn't happen often enough.

Personally i find Short very impressive on this video.
And after your link you are completely wrong.

Imho this kid is smart.
With Hardy, CJ, Dwan and Short our front 4 would be scary again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users