Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for the atheists and the general Jesus bashers

132 posts in this topic

Posted

I do wonder if Indians (the north american ones, not the ones that might get in war with pakistan) celebrate Columbus day. If they are like me, they use any excuse to get a day off, but I can't imagine its their favorite holiday. Of course, a some plains indians were killed under lincoln's watch, so maybe he isn't a favorite either.

Posted

Do you guys take the paid Good Friday holiday off or do you show up to work to stick it to the Christians for celebrating the resurrection?

Personally, I'm good with any paid holiday but some are so emphatic about their hate of everything religious it begs the question.

Well, considering Easter traditions were stolen from pagan religions just like Christmas, why can't they celebrate as they see fit? Jesus was not crucified in the Spring. Easter is in the spring because Pagans would celebrate life renewed with eggs and such. So, convert or kill them and assimilate their holidays into your own. Yay!

1 person likes this

Posted

Are you telling me that my Friday off of work and my son's Friday off school is because of a Christian religous celebration?!! They told me that wasn't so. hmm.....

Posted

I love Good Friday for all the sales! Looking forward to lining up outside Wal-Mart Thursday night for a new HDTV!

Posted

Ham dinner on Sunday. MMMMMM mmmmm faaaaaabuuulooooous.

Posted

I don't think Jesus cared/cares about Holidays, my employer sure as hell doesn't.

Posted

Ham?? WWJD? Certainly not eat ham.

Posted

Ham?? WWJD? Certainly not eat ham.

Well then he better stop by the house and turn my ham into fish and my taters into bread and my gravy into wine. Cause its been bought and I'm not taking it back to the store.

Posted

I celebrate party all night Friday (every Friday of course). Whether you have some fairy tale holiday or not is irrelevant to me. Thanks for the day off work boss.

Posted

Right now when I get paid on a Friday, THAT is a Good Friday.

Posted

day off with pay....you can call it whatever the hell you want, I'm signing up!

Posted

I work every wed, thur and fri regardless if its a Holliday or not.