Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for the atheists and the general Jesus bashers

132 posts in this topic

Posted

everyone should ready JS Spong's "Jesus for the Non-religious" for Easter on their day off

Posted

I celebrate Ishtar... The OG egg laying bunny...

Posted

Funny I celebrate Ishtar by making my wife watch a Warren Beatty/Dustin Hoffman movie

Posted

Due to more than a decade of busting my ass & the good luck of great timing, I'm about a year & a half ahead on my work so if I wanted I could take a good chunk of that off. Having said that, hell yeah I'd take Christian holidays off. (Barring sudden inspiration)

Besides, I don't have a problem with religion itself.

Posted

Well, considering Easter traditions were stolen from pagan religions just like Christmas, why can't they celebrate as they see fit? Jesus was not crucified in the Spring. Easter is in the spring because Pagans would celebrate life renewed with eggs and such. So, convert or kill them and assimilate their holidays into your own. Yay!

Zod is correct..there was a lot of snow when Han placed Jesus in the belly of a Taun Taun for 3 days before the Rebel Bunnies found them. Therefore it had to be winter..

Happy spring festivus..

Posted

Considering I let logic influence my beliefs, yeah it is very logical to take a day off with pay.

Posted

aa3567b4.jpg

Posted

aa3567b4.jpg

There is so much truth in this, it almost hurts.

Posted

Christianity, at its core, is a good thing. Love thy neighbor, help the poor, don't judge, you know... all the things most modern day Christians do not do.

It just gets annoying when christianity is the basis for their political or social opinions. They don't understand there is absolutely no difference between that and basing your decisions on the Lord of the Rings trilogy. If anyone would state their reasoned opinions basing them on the Lord of the Rings I would be equally annoyed.

Posted

imagine how stupid i would sound if i walked up to an anti-union republican and asked him if he shows up and tries to work on saturday and sunday when his place of employment is closed to piss off organized labor

Posted

Christianity, at its core, is a good thing. Love thy neighbor, help the poor, don't judge, you know... all the things most modern day Christians do not do.

It just gets annoying when christianity is the basis for their political or social opinions. They don't understand there is absolutely no difference between that and basing your decisions on the Lord of the Rings trilogy. If anyone would state their reasoned opinions basing them on the Lord of the Rings I would be equally annoyed.

Fair statement.

The "religious" often taint the message. Remember that Jesus' condemnations were not aimed at the sinner, more often than not, they were directed at church leadership.

Posted

The reason most focus on religion than Jesus is most of what zod said. But for the majority dogging religion hides the core issues they have to face when they focus on Jesus.

I always say read the bible and look at Jesus' life. The impact is more significant than flimsy man made religions and traditions that supersede the reason for christianity.