Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for the atheists and the general Jesus bashers

132 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I don't even know what is going on here anymore.

But I am suddenly reminded of the origins of the Church of England.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Kral' timestamp='1364484911' post='2179360']

Ahhh.... But unlike you I make no claim that I follow this teaching. I am not a Christian nor would I want to be. Thor is my deity.
[/quote]

First, you assume that I am a religious person. When in fact, I am not a fan of organized religion. I believe that you should be a good person. You should be honest in your dealings with people and treat them the way you would like to be treated.

I believe that every race, gender, socio economic group, etc has both good people and complete pieces of poo.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Kral' timestamp='1364485016' post='2179363']

This is just a weak justification for your picking and choosing. No haughty man will ever see himself as unrighteous.
[/quote]

In your eyes, I am unrighteous because I have worked hard and achieved financial success.

In my eyes, you are an idiot....because both of your parents were idiots. Not your fault, you did not chose the shallow gene pool from which you were hatched.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jase' timestamp='1364485048' post='2179364']
I don't even know what is going on here anymore.

But I am suddenly reminded of the origins of the Church of England.
[/quote]

[img]http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/thefw.com/files/2012/10/King-Henry-VIII-Meme.png[/img]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MadHatter' timestamp='1364485140' post='2179367']
In your eyes, I am unrighteous because I have worked hard and achieved financial success.
[/quote]

No not really I just like reading your hateful diatribe.

I really don't give a fug dude.

Oh you may want to pull that log from your eye.

In reality I'm happy for you. In the tinderbox... well you are the one claiming to be a follower of Jesus Christ.

Posted · Report post

How many times does Jesus have to say give everything you have away for Christians to actually think that he meant it. If that isn't good enough. Look at Jesus, was he a rich man with a fancy home, fancy clothes, eating and drinking fancy foods, entertaining himself to death? No. He had nothing and ran around telling everyone the Kingdom is coming soon. I hear/heard Christains all the time saying they want to be like Christ and memic him yet their lives look nothing like His did.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MadHatter' timestamp='1364484565' post='2179352']
Exactly my point.....you cannot interpret the Bible literally. It has to be taken in context and understood that much of it is written in parable form. Basic context....be a good person.
[/quote]

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/85351-question-for-the-atheists-and-the-general-jesus-bashers/page__st__60#entry2179255

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MadHatter' timestamp='1364485140' post='2179367']

In my eyes, you are an idiot....because both of your parents were idiots. Not your fault, you did not chose the shallow gene pool from which you were hatched.
[/quote]

Hard work = financial success

Remember that, kids.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Delhommey' timestamp='1364486225' post='2179383']
Hard work = financial success

Remember that, kids.
[/quote]

Can I work hard and not achieve financial success? Can I only work a little and have financial success? I'm an idiot so if you could tell me that would really help.

Posted · Report post

Fwiw, Joseph of Arimethea was rich and Jesus seemed to be perfectly ok with him. So maybe jesus didn't have a problem with all rich people, just the stingy ones. :)

Btw, the temple money changers were not really like the IRS. They were more like stock traders and bankers in todays terminology, and I believe Jesus's main issue was them doing it in the temple.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Davidson Deac II' timestamp='1364486724' post='2179395']
Fwiw, Joseph of Arimethea was rich and Jesus seemed to be perfectly ok with him. So maybe jesus didn't have a problem with all rich people, just the stingy ones. :)
[/quote]

Of course not he was required for the prophecy in Isaiah whatever whatever.