#32 xlightsoutx

xlightsoutx

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

Posted Image

There is so much truth in this, it almost hurts.

#33 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,713 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

Christianity, at its core, is a good thing. Love thy neighbor, help the poor, don't judge, you know... all the things most modern day Christians do not do.

It just gets annoying when christianity is the basis for their political or social opinions. They don't understand there is absolutely no difference between that and basing your decisions on the Lord of the Rings trilogy. If anyone would state their reasoned opinions basing them on the Lord of the Rings I would be equally annoyed.

#34 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,900 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

imagine how stupid i would sound if i walked up to an anti-union republican and asked him if he shows up and tries to work on saturday and sunday when his place of employment is closed to piss off organized labor

#35 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,386 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

Christianity, at its core, is a good thing. Love thy neighbor, help the poor, don't judge, you know... all the things most modern day Christians do not do.

It just gets annoying when christianity is the basis for their political or social opinions. They don't understand there is absolutely no difference between that and basing your decisions on the Lord of the Rings trilogy. If anyone would state their reasoned opinions basing them on the Lord of the Rings I would be equally annoyed.

Fair statement.

The "religious" often taint the message. Remember that Jesus' condemnations were not aimed at the sinner, more often than not, they were directed at church leadership.

#36 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,312 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

The reason most focus on religion than Jesus is most of what zod said. But for the majority dogging religion hides the core issues they have to face when they focus on Jesus.
I always say read the bible and look at Jesus' life. The impact is more significant than flimsy man made religions and traditions that supersede the reason for christianity.

#37 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,892 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

The last names of the founders of my company are Leibowitz and Cohen. Guess who doesn't get Friday off.

#38 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,892 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

Fair statement.

The "religious" often taint the message. Remember that Jesus' condemnations were not aimed at the sinner, more often than not, they were directed at church leadership.

And rich people. Jesus hated him some rich people.

#39 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

The last names of the founders of my company are Leibowitz and Cohen. Guess who doesn't get Friday off.

but you got monday off?

#40 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

So I'm guessing you aren't a carpenter, and neither are your bosses...

#41 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,386 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

Nope

#42 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

LOL yep...

Camel/Eye of a needle... money collectors at the temple... yadda yadda yadda...

#43 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,713 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

Whoa there son, that doesn't sound like the what Sunday morning telecasts are saying. They are offering economic freedom through faith. Yes, being a Christian will get you PAID!

#44 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,386 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

LOL nothing.

You need to understand more.

Jesus said it would be hard for the rich to make it to Heaven. Reason? Because he hated them? Wrong

Money collectors at the temple? They were cheating people by charging waaaaaay too much for things like doves and lambs for sacrifice. I equate them with bankers and people who have others over a barrel and charge them exhorbinate rates of interest and take advantage. And they were doing all this at the temple.

Once again, you are terribly wrong. LOL all you want.

#45 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,102 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

LOL yep...

money collectors at the temple... yadda yadda yadda...

I would equate that more to he hated him some government....the money collectors you are referring to were the equivalent to the IRS today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.