131 replies to this topic

#121 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

Jesus was sitting among some pharisees and a servant woman came in and began to clean his feet with alabastar. The pharisees rebuked pointing out how much of that could be used on the poor. Good answer right?
But Jesus said the poor you will always have and pointed out the woman for her heart of serving.
Does this mean Jesus hates the poor? No. Time and place and the context is everything.
But good to see some passages about Jesus being used.

i've read that story before and don't remember it going like that. I don't remember jesus speaking of the poor at all. mebbe a different translation...

#122 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,156 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Jesus was not actually speaking to the poor, but to the others there about the poor

#123 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

Jesus was not actually speaking to the poor, but to the others there about the poor

7:36 One of the Pharisees invited him to eat with him. He entered into the Pharisee's house, and sat at the table.

7:37 Behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that he was reclining in the Pharisee's house, she brought an alabaster jar of ointment.

7:38 Standing behind at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears, and she wiped them with the hair of her head, kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.

7:39 Now when the Pharisee who had invited him saw it, he said to himself, "This man, if he were a prophet, would have perceived who and what kind of woman this is who touches him, that she is a sinner."

7:40 Jesus answered him, "Simon, I have something to tell you." He said, "Teacher, say on."

7:41 "A certain lender had two debtors. The one owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty.

7:42 When they couldn't pay, he forgave them both. Which of them therefore will love him most?"

7:43 Simon answered, "He, I suppose, to whom he forgave the most." He said to him, "You have judged correctly."

7:44 Turning to the woman, he said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I entered into your house, and you gave me no water for my feet, but she has wet my feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head.

7:45 You gave me no kiss, but she, since the time I came in, has not ceased to kiss my feet.

7:46 You didn't anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment.

7:47 Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little."

7:48 He said to her, "Your sins are forgiven."

7:49 Those who sat at the table with him began to say to themselves, "Who is this who even forgives sins?"

7:50 He said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you. Go in peace."

can you tell me where he speaks about the poor to the others in the room?

#124 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,156 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

can you tell me where he speaks about the poor to the others in the room?

Pstall is quoting a different passage. It is listed in three of the gospels.

She came to the house of Simon the Leper if I am not mistaken and the perfume was Nard, very expensive.

Some of his disciples complained but he told them not to give her a hard time basically, because she was honoring him and he would be here but a short time while the poor would be here forever. His disciples never really got the "short time" part.

#125 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

gotcha.

#126 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,156 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

Thought he was quoting Matthew 26. He can confirm, I might be wrong

#127 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

doesn't much matter.

#128 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,215 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

doesn't much matter.

:lol:

#129 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

She was prepping him for burial iirc.

#130 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

Valid point and someone could very well interpret it that way.

I don't agree....but I am not one to tell someone how they should interpret the Bible.

This is the problem with religion for the most part. Christianity has about 4 million different versions of what to do. One for every follower.

Oh well, I'm off to sacrifice a virgin to Lucifer.

#131 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:19 AM

tell smoots I said 'hey' :)

#132 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,156 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

This is the problem with religion for the most part. Christianity has about 4 million different versions of what to do. One for every follower.

You are probably thinking of Molech

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.