Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Honestly am I the only one way more excited about our defense than our offense?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

People seem to forget we had a top 10 defense on paper at the end of the season. That's with some scrubs in the secondary as well. We have the best 4-3 DE tandem in the league and when healthy a top 5 4-3 LB core. We really just need a dominant DT, starting CB and a maybe another starting S. I'm fuging pumped for our defense what say you?!

Also even though this is a bleacher report article and he made some questionable calls on a few spots we have 3 DEs in the top 50. Goes by overall stats when on field.

http://bleacherrepor...-defensive-ends

#38 Frank Alexander LOL
#6 Greg Hardy
#5 Charles Johnson

fap fap fap fapfapfsappfkoefkweofdfdegfw.

#2 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,401 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

that's the Kuechly effect....

Honestly I'm really excited about both sides of the ball.

#3 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

yea i saw this a few days ago. was stoked to see our johnson/hardy get some respect. feels good to have to dominant de like that. if we could point some points on the board early and force teams to pass more it would help our d even more

#4 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

yea i saw this a few days ago. was stoked to see our johnson/hardy get some respect. feels good to have to dominant de like that. if we could point some points on the board early and force teams to pass more it would help our d even more

For sure. I was even reading the comments and people seemed to know who CJ & Hardy were. Said certain players on our defense were snubbed from the pro-bowl.

#5 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

People seem to forget we had a top 10 defense on paper at the end of the season. That's with some scrubs in the secondary as well. We have the best 4-3 DE tandem in the league and when healthy a top 5 4-3 LB core. We really just need a dominant DT, starting CB and a maybe another starting S. I'm fuging pumped for our defense what say you?!

Also even though this is a bleacher report article and he made some questionable calls on a few spots we have 3 DEs in the top 50. Goes by overall stats when on field.

http://bleacherrepor...-defensive-ends

#38 Frank Alexander LOL
#6 Greg Hardy
#5 Charles Johnson

fap fap fap fapfapfsappfkoefkweofdfdegfw.

You are not the only one maine. I envision Keek all over the field making plays and our DEs allowing our secondary to play over their heads. That last week we balled against some pretty effective offenses. We are a couple of players away.

#6 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,614 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

I had never been excited to really watch a defense until Kuechly. Even last preseason I was more pumped when they were coming on the field because I felt he was special.

#7 Monday Night Shyamalan

Monday Night Shyamalan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationHollyweird, CA

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

I couldn't agree more - it's like my old coach used to say "offense sells tickets, defense wins games."

I could never understand why people opposed drafting Keek - he has the highest football IQ and instincts of anyone in the game. As long as Keek is our MLB, our defense will be dominant for the next decade.

*btw: really excited about Frank Alexander, we definitely made out with a steal...

#8 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

I couldn't agree more - it's like my old coach used to say "offense sells tickets, defense wins games."

I could never understand why people opposed drafting Keek - he has the highest football IQ and instincts of anyone in the game. As long as Keek is our MLB, our defense will be dominant for the next decade.

*btw: really excited about Frank Alexander, we definitely made out with a steal...

Most folks that were opposed to drafting him were opposed to it because we had $100MM+ invested in linebackers already, with a pro bowl MLB making $54MM already on the roster. Has little to do with his talent or football acumen. And it was a logical thought process at the time, despite being clearly wrong now in hindsight.

#9 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

If we get a nice stud Nose Tackle that can hold the point of attack I will be excited. Getting gashed by mediocre running backs really got under my skin last year.

#10 stratopanther

stratopanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationCentral VA

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

Rookie of the year two years in a row on both sides of the ball. I'm pretty psyched for the team in general and can't wait for the season to start.

#11 Miiikey

Miiikey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationSun Diego

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

I'm getting that pre-Christmas feeling for the new NFL season. I can't wait. I genuinely think we'll make playoffs and shut people up. Definitely more competitive than last year and the 2nd half was pretty decent

#12 Monday Night Shyamalan

Monday Night Shyamalan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationHollyweird, CA

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

Most folks that were opposed to drafting him were opposed to it because we had $100MM+ invested in linebackers already, with a pro bowl MLB making $54MM already on the roster. Has little to do with his talent or football acumen. And it was a logical thought process at the time, despite being clearly wrong now in hindsight.

That's true, and a fair argument.

I guess I was one of the few that justified the situation at the time due to the uncertainties of TD and Beasons injuries. Keek was just one of those guys (regardless of position and needs) that you grab if he is there, a once in a decade kind of player, at least that's what I thought of him at the time and so far deeming to be true...

#13 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,294 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

right now....not excited about the D.

after draft and all of FA.....maybe. Secondary is still a joke and nothing at DT. I would imagine Hardy/CJ won't be able to lead the NFL in pressures per snap 2 years in a row as well....that is expecting a lot from them to mask things.

#14 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

Rivera and McDermott will field a great defense...they've made chicken salad out of chicken sh*t before. Now they are crafting their own roster...probably bad news for those who want Rivera gone, IMO.

#15 bigskypanthersguy

bigskypanthersguy

Prowl, Cats, Prowl.

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

I'm in a dire need to see our defense get back to its nasty ways...my favorite player of all time may be Jerry Rice, but my heart always beats for the defense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com