Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gross restructured

176 posts in this topic

Posted

Very nice of Mr. Gross.. but it's all about that Gettlemagic. We're already so much better off than we were last year it's crazy. Can't say I miss Hurney.

Posted

We should be talking to Beason and Williams next.

much harder to do with those two...

Can't just throw guaranteed money at them to fix things....

Posted

What a great feeling to have at least a competent GM.

Posted

It's funny how some people were worried about the cap because of the Gettleman hire. And he's proved to be a genius compared to Hurney (who was considered a cap guy).

in fairness....restructuring Gross and cutting Gamble are the type no brainers that Pat Y and Person could figure out.

So many numbers being thrown around...I wonder if this causes any outstanding bonuses pre-extension to be amortized over the new contract length.

Yas seems to think otherwise, the 4.9 cap hit he listed comes from the now $1 million base + $1 million signing bonus from previous deal + $2 million option bonus from previous deal + $0.9 million amortized from signing bonus on new deal.

If my math is right...Gross' earnings this season drop from $8.7 million to $5.5 million, certainly commendable. All the while creating $6.8 million (11.7-4.9) in cap space this year.

and leaves us without a LT in 2014. I would assume this is Gross' way of saying one more year and I'm done.

1 person likes this

Posted

so with this 7 million is that counting the 4 million or so we get June 1st from Anderson?

Posted

is this 6.8mil for this year or both years combined?

Joel Corry@corryjoel 2m

@CMFeed Three voidable years ('15-'17) were added so Gross' $4.5M signing bonus counts $900k on the cap each year.

Posted

If Gettle can take care of our cap problems, how about someone give him the Nations budget?

Posted

in fairness....restructuring Gross and cutting Gamble are the type no brainers that Pat Y and Person could figure out.

and leaves us without a LT in 2014. I would assume this is Gross' way of saying one more year and I'm done.

Thats my guess as well.

Unless he wants to move to RT on a completely new deal, as he voids this one and gets a new one.

*head is spinning*

Posted

So since he was probably going to get cut next off season anyway, this deal basically saves 6 million this season and cost the team 4 million next season. So the team basically breaks even and losses it's LT while Gross makes another 4.5 million in guaranteed money.

Under his old deal cutting him after this season would've gave the Panther's a 1 million cap hit, that now goes up the nearly 6 million. Measly savings overall honestly.

Honestly Gross Bossed the Panther's around on this one, They could have cut him this season or next season and saved more money.

Posted

That's the part I don't get. He's still owed bonus from his last deal (including a roster bonus for 2014, though that may have been voided ). With the majority of the deal being guaranteed, it would seem to make more sense to cut him after the 2014 season.

Posted

Gettleman is such a boss. Total opposite of Hurn Dog.

Posted

gettleman_article_010913.jpg

"In Gettleman we Trust"