• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YoungPanthers89

Gross restructured

Gettleman has done more positive cap management in this single offseason than Hurney did the past 4 seasons.

Yes, it does. There is no such thing as under the table.

It will help, yes.

I know there is no such thing as under the table, I was just being sarcastic. if it translate to cap space now and less of a bad impact in the future I'm all for it... the goal is to be competitive and be able to have a quality product on the field.

I like the move. Even if we are just

I don't care if it's 2 mil or 8 mil. We're saving money for this season and I'm going to be happy dammit.

Has there been an official word on the actual cap effect?

Not to be a party pooper but 8 million in savings is jaw dropping. I want to see something official before I celebrate.

Gettleman has done more positive cap management in this single offseason than Hurney did the past 4 seasons.

I totally agree with you. The goal as a GM is to have a quality product on the field and put yourself in a position to win any giving Sunday and not put Rivera or your HC in a position to fail... if you do you will lose the fanbase.

looks like we're saving close to 3 mil, on the flip side his deal is voidable next year. OL here we come!

Converting the money to bonus allows us to spread it out over more years but if the contract were to be voided, or Gross cut then the balance would be due immediately... this effectively guarantees that Gross is on the team another two seasons while at the same time putting off his cap issues until 2015...

But yes for now this is huge...