Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gross restructured

176 posts in this topic

Posted

Happy he's done this now, but why not several weeks ago? Could have picked up Sean Smith, Michael Huff, or another decent FAs. This was the one year FA contracts weren't completely out of hand at the positions we needed, now most are gone.

Posted

Start working on that Hardy extension.

Posted

Gmaniac

Posted

If the contract is voidable by the player and the player chooses to do so, what do the rules say about the cap hit in the player-voided year? Any?

Posted

If the contract is voidable by the player and the player chooses to do so, what do the rules say about the cap hit in the player-voided year? Any?

Just from the term "player-voided" it seems that there wouldn't be any cap hit. If the employee voids a contract of the employer, it appears there wouldn't be any money going to the employee, hence no cap hit. I could be totally wrong though.

Posted

We should be talking to Beason and Williams next.

Posted

He can only void the base salary and any workout bonuses, roster bonus,etc. Any cap hit from a signing bonus will still take its toll.

Which he quite obviously going to since the base is only 1 million.

Posted

At times like this, I wish I had paid more attention to the threads explaining "cap"...anyway, I take it this is GOOD NEWS!

Posted

Happy he's done this now, but why not several weeks ago? Could have picked up Sean Smith, Michael Huff, or another decent FAs. This was the one year FA contracts weren't completely out of hand at the positions we needed, now most are gone.

probably because this doesn't actually work out in his favor and it took a lot more work to make it happen.

the important thing is that it got worked out and we probably wouldn't have picked up those guys anyway.

Posted

Start working on that Hardy extension.

nah. much more important stuff to do.

Posted

@SteveReedAP

Details on OT Jordan Gross' new deal. He will make $5.5 million this year and the contract automatically voids out after this season.

@SteveReedAP

Gross was set to have a salary cap hit of $11.7 million this year, so this is a fairly significant pay cut. He'll become free agent in '14.

Posted

Playoffs may be upon us.

Nice work Gett and Gross