R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,814 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

3.2 million dollar paycut going from 8.7M salary to 5.5M

gives us 6.8M in extra cap space this year with 3.6M in dead money being pushed to the future

#168 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,250 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

from the CO...Jones....

http://blogs.charlot...-cap-space.html

Veteran left tackle Jordan Gross has taken one for the team.
The former first round pick entering his 11th season took a pay cut this offseason to help Carolina with its salary cap situation while picking up a contract extension through 2017.
According to an Associated Press report, Gross' base salary of $8.7 million for 2013 will be cut to $1 million, and his $6.7 million base salary in 2014 will be cut to $1 million.
Though his base salary goes to $1 million for 2013, Gross will still receive a salary of $5.5 million by virtue of a $4.5 million signing bonus on his extension, according to ESPN.com.
Gross, who was scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the 2014 season, is the second-longest tenured Panther in the locker room and holds the franchise record for most career starts with the team (151). Gross will make $1 million in base salary from 2014-2017 and will receive a roster bonus of $2 million in 2014, according to ESPN.com.
The Panthers were between $1 to $2 million under the cap before Gross took his cut. The move takes Gross' cap figure for 2013 from $11.7 million to $4 million and gives the Panthers nearly $7 million more in cap room.

“I’ve given 10 years to the Panthers and the Panthers have given 10 years to me. And nobody wants this organization to win more than I do,” Gross told the Observer earlier in March. “I’d love to be a part of the equation for success in 2013. This is just something that has to get worked out.”

Does not mention next year.....sigh.

I always thought Gross would restructure. Getting $7mil this year is more than expected. As someone else said before, likely Gettleman likely was saving this...holding his cards. He said he had a plan. So far I am impressed.

Kudos for Gross. He has been a leader and a class act.

#169 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Assuming this is correct, then he is not going to be playing beyond 2014 which still gives us 6 million in dead cap space in 2015 when he doesn't return, right?? Otherwise his salary for 2015 and beyond hasn't been figured in and when restructured will raise his cap hit in those years significantly.

The last three years won't leave any dead money. Salary plus roster bonus won't stay on the cap if he retires.

#170 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

All I can say is thank you very much Mr. Gross and Mr. Gettleman for get this done so we can have the cap to sign a few more decent FAs to help this team out. :rock:

#171 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

How many GM's in the league can rock the triple thick chinstrap shirt tucked into gym shorts with papers tucked into the waistband look? None I can think of.

Now that's some funny poo.

#172 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,060 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

You dat deal Gross, thanks for getting Gettie wit it...

#173 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,459 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

The last three years won't leave any dead money. Salary plus roster bonus won't stay on the cap if he retires.

yes it will. All of the remaining money from the original deal but the amount for next year will accelerate if he is not on the team for any reason. You are right that the roster bonus won't count if the contract is voided.

#174 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

yes it will. All of the remaining money from the original deal but the amount for next year will accelerate if he is not on the team for any reason. You are right that the roster bonus won't count if the contract is voided.

I don't think you're right. All of his bonus is being paid this year and next. None of the 1.9 million for any of those 3 yrs will count against the cap.

#175 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

who is that?

shakur sozahdah

#176 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,497 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

shakur sozahdah

thank you sir, she is bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.