Photo
- - - - -

Kidney Stones

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#37 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

http://www.carolinah...-kidney-stones/

#38 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

I've had one before....not awesome at all.

Went to the doc, not knowing what in the world it was. Strangely he told me to go get piss drunk on beer and just keep drinking for a day or two.

Alcohol helped with the pain, and I finally passed it at some point.

Thought I felt one move the other day, honestly I'm scared it's going to break loose at any moment.

#39 BMorgan

BMorgan

The Mad Mead Maker

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Been there, done that several times now. Definitely not fun.
Hope it passes soon and that the meds help.

#40 boo7382

boo7382

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/51865-hey-boo-kidney-stones/

Wow! I was almost spot on with my estimate of how long it had been since the last one. I reply did drink that's Pilsner Urquell too

That one put m e in the ER...This one was just urgent care.

Still haven't passed this one either.

#41 boo7382

boo7382

HUDDLER

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Update

I was out of work Wednesday Thursday and Fri

So Friday I said fug it lets go to the bar and drink some beer to see if it can help. So we went and had some beers at Kennedy's and the next day I didn't have any pain. Thought I was good and had actually passed it. Boy was I wrong.

Went to work Monday and Tuesday. Sitting in our sales meeting this morning and I was thinking my kidney stone had caused a bladder infection. Nope. Just kept getting worse and worse and within the hour I was doubled over in pain

Called my doctor and told them its getting old and it's been over 2 weeks. I can't keep missing work this is ridiculous!

So, she said yes we should probably do a CT Scan since when I called her last Wenesday crying she said she didn't think I needed another one since they took one in 2011 and there was just a small 3 mm stone in there I should be able to pass.

Well, I barely made it to the CT Place the guy felt horrible for me. H sat there with me and looked at it. It was blocking my ureter and backing up into my kidneys with urine which is why I thought I had a massive bladder infection and why the pain was so horrible in my Kidneys as well as down in my bladder.

So, turns out the stone has grown to 5 mm since 2011 and that it right at the cusp of not being able to pass. Keep in mind I'm not a large person either so there's only so much room in there.

They wanna laser me tomorrow, so I have to go in for surgery to break it up :(

I've never done this before, has anyone? Im pretty nervous. the biggest surgery ive had is my wisdom teeth. I have to be there 2 hours early not sure why. I also can't eat after 9am tomorrow which sucks.

Throughout all this pain and talking of lasers there is only one thing I can think of

Posted Image

#42 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

I've never had the laser surgery, but I almost had to have it done for my second one. My step dad had the surgery though a few weeks before that. So I was asking him a bunch of questions about it when my doctor was planning on having me do the surgery. I was told it wasn't that bad and nothing to worry about. The two hours early is for prep for the surgery though.

Hope it goes well though and you get to feeling better.

#43 boo7382

boo7382

HUDDLER

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

Thanks

Just did some research on it......annnnd I'm officially freaked out

#44 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

Thanks

Just did some research on it......annnnd I'm officially freaked out

I'm assuming your having the ureteroscopy done. Now compare what you've read (remind yourself that you'll be under general anesthesia during this procedure) and compare that to actually passing that stone and the pain you've been in the last week or so. You'll be fine, no worries.

#45 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

HUDDLER

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Kidney stones are one of my biggest fears in life. Never had one, but poo do they scare me.

#46 Cuttinedge

Cuttinedge

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

Good luck, I've had a bunch of them and several surgeries , when they lazer it it's gonna break it up into smaller pieces but you still have to pass the smaller pieces eventually.
Modern medicine hasn't caught up with the kidney stone removal yet. Seriously until you have one you can't even imagine some of the things they do ....freakin medieval sh*t. I got a bunch of stories of failed procedures.

Good luck Boo

#47 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

Knew a guy a few years back that had them so bad he was prescribed lollipops with a form of Morphine and ususally filled up a 20oz drink bottle a month with stones.

#48 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

Good luck boo