Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will Cam Newton be a team captain in 2013?

26 posts in this topic

Posted

Will Cam be a captain? Most definitely. The training wheels are off now. The torch has been passed. Whatever cliche you want to use... It's his turn to step up and be one of the leaders of this team, his team.

Posted

CJ, Keek, Cam and TD.....I love Beason and i know he is a great leader, but this is the future. We need new vocal leaders who can relate to the younger guys. Keek earned the "C" last year. He is the QB of the defense.

Posted

If Cam isn't named Captain this year, the media will make a big deal out of it, so for his sake I hope he is.

Posted

I'd agree that CJ should be a captain. I noticed once he got that 'C' on his chest he was much more vocal and an inspiration on defense. I think he needs that title to keep the defensive line fired up and playing to their ability.

Posted

Not tryin to start any bashing at all. But you have to learn to be a leader before you should be named captian. He mabe on his way but he's not there yet. you have to be careful what you say about cam here.

Posted

no, David Gettis will be team captain

Posted

Nope he has not seen "the light" yet. LOL

Posted

Maybe, but who cares

Posted

I expect him to be named a captain. If he is not though, it does beg the quesiton of "Why not?"

Face of the franchise QB....set records his firt two seasons....coming into his third year....if he is not voted a leader by his team mates, I would wonder what is really going on in the locker room with him and his team mates.

Like I said....I expect him to be. Just will be interesting if he is not.

Posted

ESPN is gonna suck either way if he is named or he is not. They will play towel head videos for days.

Posted

Cam has been captain of my ship for two years.

*no homo*

Posted

thomas-davis-int.jpg

This man deserves to wear the "C" without a doubt