Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We just signed Chase Blackburn

152 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Don't know how anyone couldn't like this signing sure he isn't very fast but he makes plays and for a back up that is a great signing after he just came off a career year. Feels nice to actually have a gm that can negotiate.

Posted · Report post

Its all about DEPTH
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Anyone else starting to get the feeling that Gettleman should have been promoted to the GM position somewhere years ago, and the cards finally fell right for us? Not saying I'm sure of it....just a feeling.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Good vet backup.

Posted · Report post

I really love this signing. Gettleman has done a great job this offseason with the cap and signing solid players to fill our holes on D. Blackburn is a solid pick up. Something Hurney never seem to do for years. Not saying Hurney was bad. But he ain't no where near as good as Gettleman is right now. No more scrubs for us. We only hire the best of them. :)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Proudiddy' timestamp='1364424283' post='2178533']
Not a fan of Blackburn. I guess he's a solid backup, but very unathletic and a career overachiever.
[/quote]

Think Jeff Brady.

Blackburn is that kind of guy.

Posted · Report post

Sounds like a solid backup LB and great locker room guy, which is what we need. I think I'm getting Gettie...

Posted · Report post

great signing

Posted · Report post

Remember the who out there is better than Hurney despair over the last few years?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='NCstoner420' timestamp='1364423440' post='2178498']

He played MLB last year
[/quote]

wow football and baseball? :sword:

Posted · Report post

Meh... I can take it or leave it, but it's certainly not a bad signing. I personally thought Jason Phillips was a guy worth keeping around, and Blackburn seems to fill the same type of role (albeit possibly slower than Phillips).

Maybe the bigger takeaway is that he got a 2 year deal rather than 1 and can play in the middle. Probably not this year, but perhaps Gettleman is setting his sights on Beason's contract...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='KSpan' timestamp='1364434587' post='2178789']
Meh... I can take it or leave it, but it's certainly not a bad signing. I personally thought Jason Phillips was a guy worth keeping around, and Blackburn seems to fill the same type of role (albeit possibly slower than Phillips).

Maybe the bigger takeaway is that he got a 2 year deal rather than 1 and can play in the middle. Probably not this year, but perhaps Gettleman is setting his sights on Beason's contract...
[/quote]

This man knows how to create leverage where there is none. His signings have dual purposes. He fills a need while creating an option to the high priced players on the roster. Gettlemania.