Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

panther4life

We just signed Chase Blackburn

151 posts in this topic

He played MLB last year

wow football and baseball? :sword:

Meh... I can take it or leave it, but it's certainly not a bad signing. I personally thought Jason Phillips was a guy worth keeping around, and Blackburn seems to fill the same type of role (albeit possibly slower than Phillips).

Maybe the bigger takeaway is that he got a 2 year deal rather than 1 and can play in the middle. Probably not this year, but perhaps Gettleman is setting his sights on Beason's contract...

Meh... I can take it or leave it, but it's certainly not a bad signing. I personally thought Jason Phillips was a guy worth keeping around, and Blackburn seems to fill the same type of role (albeit possibly slower than Phillips).

Maybe the bigger takeaway is that he got a 2 year deal rather than 1 and can play in the middle. Probably not this year, but perhaps Gettleman is setting his sights on Beason's contract...

This man knows how to create leverage where there is none. His signings have dual purposes. He fills a need while creating an option to the high priced players on the roster. Gettlemania.

wow football and baseball? :sword:

Yep, a regular Beion Sackson.

Nice! That's a solid pickup. He is one of the better pass coverage LB in the league.

Good signing. I see Blackburn seeing a lot of playing time for us this year. I can see him being the substitute for all 3 lb positions when someone gets tired or hurt. Also, it never hurts to bring a winner into the lockerroom

Two things.

1. You know what you got for what you paid.

2. Super Bowl (literally)

I think I like this kid...

image.JPG

We're gearin up to run that 4-6.. Rivera was part of it, he knows how to run it. Gave QBs fits it did, time for the next round. That Mitchell signing almost supports my theory, he was highly favored by the Bears until Al Davis pulled an Al Davis... And the defense gets better, I like it....