Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gross Restructured, Blackburn Signed, What's Next?

61 posts in this topic

Posted

I gotta believe you are right. But this is a lot of guys ccoming aboard in a short period of time. I am just a tad antsy, worrying over the relationship between Rivera and Gettlemen. Gettlemen could f up Rivera's life if he was so inclined. Doesn't look that way so far, so the worry is lessening to a certain extent.

I am curious on whether they have a talent board, or a value chart, they both agree on. So if a guy is higher on your list, than what you have, you give it a whirl. Rivera knows what type players he wants. If Gettlemen is this busy, I have to believe he is doing so with Rivera's blessing.

All we have done really is bring in competition and depth. Both help solidify your team. But are not addressing the holes so many of us see. I know, no money. But thanks to Gross, we have money.

You would think that after 20+ years of marriage I would be used to being confused. But I just cannot shake this feeling I have concerning the relationship between Rivera and Gettlemen.

From what I've gathered from Gettleman, he wants everybody to be on the same page. I remember a quote of him saying something along the lines of everybody's opinion matters, from top to bottom. It's a collective thought-process. This is something that Rivera and Hurney evidently did not have. I was very worried earlier on like you. But the latest signings and cuts have been tremendously beneficial to both the present and the future.

Panthers fans should be excited. We have a GM who is a football guy, like our head coach. They are both extremely good at building teams. Whether it be defensively (Rivera) or as a whole (Gettleman). Both have an eye for talent and both know what winning takes.

I've been more optimistic than most about next year; the Shula promotion, retaining Rivera, and the Gettleman signings, cuts and restructures. Because i believe Gettleman and Rivera know how to build a team from top to bottom.

Posted

Give me Matt Slauson or Brandon Moore for the OL and Alan Branch at NT, maybe a wildcard signing at TE and let's get ready for the draft.

Posted

Hah, was reading the NFL.com article about the Blackburn signing, reading the comments. This was toward the top of the comments, check this nugget from a turd ghost of (thankfully) Huddle past:

always has been, always will be a joke. so glad that racist pedophile turd is gone.
2 people like this

Posted

here's an intersting spin on things. blackburn is good enough to be a starter on many teams. you think this gives us leverage in talks to renegotiate with beason?

i think his is the contract that needs to be redone next. in fact they may be working on it now.

Posted

I think we'll sign a OG for sure. I think we address DT in the draft unless we can get a good one for vet min.

Posted

always has been, always will be a joke. so glad that racist pedophile turd is gone.

Hah, was reading the NFL.com article about the Blackburn signing, reading the comments. This was toward the top of the comments, check this nugget from a turd ghost of (thankfully) Huddle past:

god that guy is a waste of space

Posted

I think we'll sign a OG for sure. I think we address DT in the draft unless we can get a good one for vet min.

i don't see why we wouldn't be able to do that.

Posted

Gettlemania Juice.

Gettlejuice...just as good as Cammy Cam Juice

Posted

I almost have hope.

.....again.

Posted

We have a bit of cap space now, maybe more once Gettleman chats with Beason and D'Will. They have to sign a quality O-lineman in FA; that's an imperative. I expect a versatile lineman signed in the next month. We might even grab a corner with market being so quiet...

Posted

I'm not at liberty to say.

There are... ramifications to be had.

Get out.

Posted

From what I've gathered from Gettleman, he wants everybody to be on the same page. I remember a quote of him saying something along the lines of everybody's opinion matters, from top to bottom. It's a collective thought-process. This is something that Rivera and Hurney evidently did not have. I was very worried earlier on like you. But the latest signings and cuts have been tremendously beneficial to both the present and the future.

Panthers fans should be excited. We have a GM who is a football guy, like our head coach. They are both extremely good at building teams. Whether it be defensively (Rivera) or as a whole (Gettleman). Both have an eye for talent and both know what winning takes.

I've been more optimistic than most about next year; the Shula promotion, retaining Rivera, and the Gettleman signings, cuts and restructures. Because i believe Gettleman and Rivera know how to build a team from top to bottom.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I still see a bright future ahead. Hellz, I will go so far as to say, it has already started. If we go say, 10-6 this year. Rivera will have been 16-8 over his last 24 games. Not a bad run if you ask me.