Photo
- - - - -

This year will tell if Rivera is a horrible coach or not.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

If we do not atleast go 500 Rivera is a horrible coach. G has put him in a good position to do okay this year. If our season is lost again after week 7 its over for him.

#2 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,874 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

Less than a winning record this year is absolutely unacceptable. It's cut and dry playoffs for this organization.

#3 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

i don't think he has a choice.

10 wins or playoffs or he's fired. it's really that simple. 2014 could end up being pretty close to a clean slate on the coaching staff and players on the team.

#4 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

agreed we have to have a winning season with 10 or more wins!!

#5 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• ALL-PRO
  • 870 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

Playoffs or bust. And he knows it.

#6 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

Post season only. No option

#7 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,285 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

Gettleman said when he was hired that his job was to make everyone better. Even though I was for replacing Rivera this year, I am now hoping that he has learned from his mistakes and that Gettleman can help him even more. I would be very happy if Rivera succeeds here. He seems like a nice guy and someone who works hard. It would be great if Gettleman was just what he needed. (Certainly Hurney was no help) On the positive side...his players play for him and do not quit. Am hoping his flaw last year was trusting Chud too much and giving him too much control. Sometimes the best learning comes through mistakes. You can bet he and Gettleman the grinder have reviewed a lot of film together. Gettleman could be the best thing that ever happened to Rivera. I am hoping so.

#8 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,355 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

If we do not atleast go 500 Rivera is a horrible coach. G has put him in a good position to do okay this year. If our season is lost again after week 7 its over for him.

G's magnificent offseason is being dramatically overblown....

We still have holes all over this roster and an oddly built offense around Cam

G is setting the table to burn the mofo down after this year...just like Gantt called. Rivera will be playing from a hole...just like the last 2 seasons. Rivera and Cam have come close to overcoming it the last 2 seasons....but no GM has put Rivera in an easy to win position

#9 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,435 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

G's magnificent offseason is being dramatically overblown....

We still have holes all over this roster and an oddly built offense around Cam

G is setting the table to burn the mofo down after this year...just like Gantt called. Rivera will be playing from a hole...just like the last 2 seasons. Rivera and Cam have come close to overcoming it the last 2 seasons....but no GM has put Rivera in an easy to win position

That is the biggest bullshit I have read this entire offseason...I'm not gonna argue any further than that, because i know you like to have pages and pages of discussion. Pure bullshit.

#10 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

If we go 8-8 or 9-7, we'll at least have confirmation that Rivera is mediocre. Playoffs or a new head coach.

#11 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

Interesting that the FA period has been almost all Defense....Rivera's calling card, and ultimately his strength. I'm sure he and Gettleman have spent loads of time talking about what needs to happen on that side of the ball....a lot of new faces to work with over there already. If Rivera can work hard on the game day side of the HC gig, he'll be fine. I already think his leadership, and talent with the X's and O's are right where they need to be. Get the weapons upgraded on offense? This team will be a brand new product this year.

#12 Taom82

Taom82

was that danny woodhead?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationHell's Outhouse

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Playoffs Or Bust The Team Has Underachieved For Too Long.

#13 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

guess it's going to be a new head coach. i'm with gantt on this one. and you're delusional if you think this was a spectacular offseason. we added depth with veterans as compared to sixth round draft picks.

#14 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Well considering all of our FAs besides dwan are on 1 year deals and the report that we were only offering 1 year deals to all our assistant coaching candidates I would say that's a pretty obvious statement there OP

#15 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,435 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

feldman9000 agreeing with you further illustrates my point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com