Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recap of all 2013 moves and current cap space(5-15-13 update)

28 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Since when was Martin a Free Agent?

Nonetheless, good poo.

Since March 12th. This board had me convinced he was not a free agent either when I made referenve to it a whole ago.However, several sources show he is a free agent. In addition panthers.com roster page is very up to date and he's nowhere on there.

http://espn.go.com/n...ition=36--rated a 62 to help you find him

"The good news for the Panthers is that the list of their own free agents includes only three starters – defensive tackle Dwan Edwards, cornerback Captain Munnerlyn and safety Sherrod Martin, who ended last season on injured reserve with torn knee ligaments and is not expected to be re-signed.

Gettleman, who was unavailable for comment last week, said at his introductory press conference that he planned to evaluate the roster with an unbiased eye."

http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=rss

Then for final confirmation I went here http://www.panthers....roster.html��He is gone.

Posted · Report post

I hope Williams is traded. Somehow. Also get some compensation.

I think the only way to get rid of D-Will is to make him a June first cut. Trading or cutting him regular would be too big a hit. I guess he could rework his contract to facilitate a trade, but I don't know how realistic that is.

Posted · Report post

agreed. RG and NT will be addressed before the draft. maybe another safety.

Yep! Maybe even another DE

Posted · Report post

Good post.

Thank you.

Posted · Report post

Yep! Maybe even another DE

why? do we need one?

Posted · Report post

I'd re-sign Neblett if we dont take a first or second round DT, hes been nothing but solid for us and if we get him for close to vet min thats good enough for me. Maybe another look at Sherrod Martin if his healing is going well, he was in the dog house but played pretty strong and made some strides last season before he got hurt. Didnt seem to hesitate at all and absolutely flew to the ball.

Posted · Report post

why? do we need one?

Can't ever have enough pass rushers.

Who's behind CJ and Hardy? Kieser and Alexander. Not sure how many playing time theyll be gettin. Someone always end up in Chico's dog pound.

Posted · Report post

Thank you for this.

I'm still hoping for a starting caliber RG. If we added stop gap CB and/DT it wouldn't bother me either.

I'd really like to save the money and improve our overall long term picture.

Posted · Report post

Can't ever have enough pass rushers.

Who's behind CJ and Hardy? Kieser and Alexander. Not sure how many playing time theyll be gettin. Someone always end up in Chico's dog pound.

yes you can. only so many spots on the roster.

and keiser and esp. alexander are plenty good enough depth. i figure we'd only go into the season with 4 DEs on the 53 man roster anyway.

i could see us getting maybe one more, esp. for camp bodies, but i don't see it as any kind of priority. the most we need to have on the DL all together is 9 and we'll probably be going with 4-5 DTs just for a solid rotation.

there's no rush and it's nothing that needs to be addressed prior to the draft like other positions with limited cap space. any DEs added will likely be heading into training camp.

Posted · Report post

Thank you for this.

I'm still hoping for a starting caliber RG. If we added stop gap CB and/DT it wouldn't bother me either.

I'd really like to save the money and improve our overall long term picture.

thanks to what gettleman and gross worked out we can get that starting caliber RG in FA soon.

Posted · Report post

Went looking for this thread and had to dig a little.

The OP on this was a really good summary and a prime candidate for a "pin/update" type thread. Surprised it wasn't.

Posted · Report post

Pretty significant upgrade to accuaracy of OP. Dwan Edwards and Chase Blackburn contracts were added as well

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments