Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McShay 2 Round Mock

92 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BigBeast52' timestamp='1364497632' post='2179623']

Didn't see him get that much pressure, he's so overrated. Gets a lot of tackles down field cuz he gets pushed back and has the speed to catch them, doesn't mean he's good against the run
[/quote]

Then you haven't been watching film on him. Dude is always in the backfield.

Posted · Report post

b/c there's less of a chance that Tavon Austin won't be a bust.

Posted · Report post

I want to know who Hurney takes in the first and second rounds. We stick with his 1st round choice and make sure we do not draft his second.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rayzor' timestamp='1364496576' post='2179602']
lot's of questions, for sure, but i[b] do think the one thing that isn't one is about us drafting someone in the first round we haven't met with.[/b] i just don't see it happening.

first two rounds are more than likely going to be some combo of DL or WR...maybe secondary.
[/quote]
We really don't know if we've met with him or not. In fact, I'd almost bet that we at least talked to him at the combine and had a reresentative at his pro day. Not all meetings get out...usually depends on the agent, and I haven't heard much from Richardson's. Also, if you remember, Beason said that prior to being drafted by us, he had heard barely a word from the Panthers and had no idea they had any interest. Of course that was a different regime, but just points out that teams can often make draft decisions based on tape, scouting reports, and reasearch without much direct contact.

Posted · Report post

I don't know if we'll take Richardson if he's available, but it wouldn't be a bad choice as some would have us believe. Sure we need a NT, but Edwards is only on a two year deal (and the team really only wants him for one) and is getting up there in age. At some point we need to find our long-term solution at UT (which is vital to the attacking defense we want to employ), and if the team feels Richardson is that guy, then bring him in and get him ready to take over full time next year. Sometimes it's about planning for the future rather than instant gratification (well, unless you're Rivera, I guess).

That would give him time to transition properly (in other words, not being rushed before his time), impove his upper body strength (which is the reason most analysts say he occasionally struggles when teams run directly at him--key word, occasionally, not always), and improve his technique. The thing that stands out to me is that most report that he is extremely quick off the snap, is excellent in pursuit, is great at diagnosing the play (in fact, I read one place where they compared him to Kuechly in this regard), and has a non-stop motor. On Path to the Draft, they were talking about how Richardson makes so many plays downfield, and they were raving that it was not because of any flaw, but that he is such a great athlete and is always hustling to wherever the ball is. So I would be very satisfied if we take him, but also won't cry if we choose to go in another direction.

Posted · Report post

I want offense and I want it bad. Enough of this defensive stuff. Give me patterson!

Posted · Report post

If I have a preference for a D-lineman in this draft it is Brandon Williams. I think he'd fit great here. Plays 1 through 3 tech.

He would line up nicely next to D'wan and can also complimemt Hardy or Alexander when they're pushed inside. I think he will definitely be a target in round 2.

For me right now:

Round 1: Nuke Round 2: Brandon W.

Posted · Report post

I'd be happy enough with Richardson in the 1st, ecstatic with Hunter in the 2nd.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BlueBoyRamses_E1b1a' timestamp='1364513214' post='2179882']
I want offense and I want it bad. Enough of this defensive stuff. Give me patterson!
[/quote]

1 of those open minded Wr people rayzor was talking about.

Posted · Report post

would Richardson beat out Dwan for the 3 tech spot, and if i recall a first rounder should be a day 1 starter. plus he will turn 25 at the end of the season, so i would think he has just as many question marks as any other prospect.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1364515328' post='2179915']
1 of those open minded Wr people rayzor was talking about.
[/quote]
We can't be drafting a defensive player every year though. Chicago always have one of the best defenses in the league and their coach got fired. The best defenses in the league get 35 put on them on a weekly basis. And we can't rely on this read-option stuff until Cam blow his ACL.

Posted · Report post

Not even gonna happen! Not even a lil