#1 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

We got J. Gross to restructure and a solid backup at Linebacker.

We are under one month before the draft. I think it is time we step back, take a deep breath and see who we will draft.

Then spend our money on available free agents. Maybe even wait till 1 June for any non- 1 June listed free agents.

Too many of you are like children with money. Gotta spend it cause you got it. Let's sit back and get our draft done and then decide what we need. How sicking would it be if Cooper fell to 14 and we took a mid-level talent instead of a beast like Cooper. Basically wasting money on a player we NOW DON'T NEED.

Find out what we have. Then dive back into the Free Agent market to top us off with remaining needs we didn't fill.

#2 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,703 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

I can't fuging wait for the draft to get here.

#3 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,061 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

Can you imagine what we'd be saying right now if Hurney was still at the helm?

***shutters***

#4 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,653 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

i'd still like to add an option at guard if there's someone legit out there so we're not compelled to reach for one in the draft if such a scenario arises.

#5 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

I agree. pretty secure with where the team heads from here, ecspecially with the june 1st scenarios, and draft prospects. Sure will be quiet in here though. Guess we"ll beef up the smack central room for a while

#6 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,043 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

If Warmack or Cooper were available would u take him? What would you do with the OG you just signed? Other than cut him. If you are going to get mid-level OG you probably are going to pay him more than you will for a Rookie under the rookie payscale.

If we wait I am certain we would have a smiliar if not the same pool of players to choose from. Not only that, the free player will know for certain whether they can compete for a position and more likely to join the team.

#7 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

is anyone panicking?

and the idea of drafting a guard in the first is not something i am loving. if we "passed" over cooper just like the 13 picks before us and the few others who would after us, i wouldn't be upset at all.

I'd rather us pick up an RG in FA and draft a more premium position than an "elite" guard.

#8 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,043 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

is anyone panicking?

and the idea of drafting a guard in the first is not something i am loving. if we "passed" over cooper just like the 13 picks before us and the few others who would after us, i wouldn't be upset at all.

I'd rather us pick up an RG in FA and draft a more premium position than an "elite" guard.

My point wasn't necessarily a guard. I am just saying the free agent pool isn't going to change too much between now and after the draft.

Do the draft, see how we come out and then make our final moves. Who knows we might even save a couple dollars.

#9 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

gotcha, but i still think they at least pick up a guard and another player or two before the draft. anywhere there's a hole or real weakness, i think they are going to try and address before they head into the draft.

#10 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

If Cooper is BPA on our board when we pick....so be it....

Let him pull and run people over. Have fun DWill and Stew (if they are still here..)

#11 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,382 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

Well they showed the history of giants drafts while gettleman and accorsi were there and they didn't take o-lineman very high, mostly d-lineman and WRs

#12 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

Can you imagine what we'd be saying right now if Hurney was still at the helm?

***shutters***

"Why did we give Munnerlyn a 4 year contract holy poo fuging hurney magic."

#13 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

"Why did we give Munnerlyn a 4 year contract holy poo fuging hurney magic."

don't forget the extension we would have given hardy already.

crap...i don't know how in the world hurney would have gotten us under the cap.

#14 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,043 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

gotcha, but i still think they at least pick up a guard and another player or two before the draft. anywhere there's a hole or real weakness, i think they are going to try and address before they head into the draft.

I follow you but the Free Agents are going to be battling for a spot on the roster. After the draft we have not only our picks but maybe a couple of hidden gems from our UDFA.

I understand filling the holes but those holes will be clearer after the draft and the Free Agents are most likely going to be there.

Is there a player you would like to see. Someone seasoned that would come here without breaking the bank?

#15 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

I follow you but the Free Agents are going to be battling for a spot on the roster. After the draft we have not only our picks but maybe a couple of hidden gems from our UDFA.

I understand filling the holes but those holes will be clearer after the draft and the Free Agents are most likely going to be there.

Is there a player you would like to see. Someone seasoned that would come here without breaking the bank?

i think the goal is to have no real holes before heading into the draft. that's what it looks like gettleman has been doing and it was the way the giants operated when he was there.

as far as players i would like to see that wouldn't break the bank....first i don't really think any available FAs right now would do that thanks to the market. i'd like for us to look at max starks and bryant mckinnie at RT. probably either guy wouldn't be too expensive and would be an upgrade over bell or at least decent competition for there and depth at either tackle spot. maybe even barry richardson who did ok with the rams last year.

i'd also like brandon moore at RG and i'd take another look at omiyale for the job. not sure why we didn't sign him when he came in for a visit, but if it's because of the money i'm sure he'd be willing to take what we offered just to have a job. a couple more are matt slausen and tyronne green. both worth a look at, imo. i'd also look at some of the bigger bodied OTs still on the market and see who among them could make the move inside.

at DT alan branch or even casey hampton who can help quite a bit against the run.

there are still quite a few options, tho, for positions we could use some help at. i don't think we're done in FA till the draft gets here. there's still some work that will be done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.