Photo
- - - - -

Time to step back and relax

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#16 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

IMO, we do not have a RG on the team. We really need to bring one in before the draft. And there are still quite a few starting caliber RGs out there. It would behove us to upgrade that position.

DT, is another position I am concerned about. Cole was decent before injuries shortened his career. It has been almost two years since he has played. If he is finally healthy, and is still as productive as he once was, he pairs up well with Dwan. If Gettlemen is iffy on Cole we may see another DT brought in. So this is still up in the air for me.

Lastly, I really would love to see a vet TE brought in as well. Someone that can actually run a route and catch the ball would help us quite a bit. I thought our 2 TE sets were successful. Without a true #2TE. I just think we need that second option at TE.

Other than those three. I really see no need to go crazy with FA. I do feel we need to round out the roster before the draft. Hellz, any player Gettlemen believes is an upgrade is a potential signing.

I just love that we have something to chat about. Usually, at this time of year, we are complaining about not having anything to chat about.

Say what you want about Gettlemen. The guy has given us a very busy offseason. That in itself is worth the price of admission.

#17 Gabeking

Gabeking

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

trade pickles for 2 first rounders or bust

#18 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

There are still quality guys out there and some teams will be dumping players after the draft once they become superfluous. There is no need to try and jump the gun here. As others have stated there will be folks jumping on 1 year contracts just to be able to play. The longer they are out there, the more desperate they will be.

#19 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Both theories are good. I just believe that we have tapped the Free Agent market enough and that any Free Agent out there now will be out there next month after the draft. The idea is to build through the draft and augment through Free Agency. I think we could easily fill most of our remaining needs and top off with Free Agency one month from today.

#20 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:39 AM

Gettleman seems to know what he is doing. I don't mind either way, but I do believe that acquiring players in FA is not necessarily a static endeavor. It can be very fluid, and strategic, so sometimes you have to strike while the iron is hot. If you can upgrade your team on the cheap---whether it's just for depth or more---then you do it if the opportunity arises. No need to shut the door one way or another. You have to be somewhat open-minded.

#21 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:06 AM

Guards don't go that high. Getting cooper at 14 would be a reach.