Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This season will be smittys last 1000 yard season

70 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I love smitty but he'll be 34 this season and I think this is his last season as a top receiving threat. How many receivers produced at a high level when 35 or older? We really need to go WR in round one.

Posted · Report post

Here's some data to back this up. It's happened 25 times since 1970 and those 25 seasons are by 9 players.

http://blogs.nfl.com...ter-turning-34/

data_points_110707_blog.jpg?w=585&h=294

Posted · Report post

he has beaten the odds before

Posted · Report post

It's entirely possible, especially if Cam can take that next step and we add another legitimate receiving threat

Posted · Report post

yeah, lets bank everything on him beating the odds again.

he's done enough beating the odds by not getting hurt and missing significant time the past couple years. he is on borrowed time.

i don't want to go into the season with lafell being our best WR and the rest a bunch of question marks who have been on the team for a year or two and haven't done poo.

Posted · Report post

Just last season he didn't look as good as he did in 2011. It really does suck we never got to see smitty in his prime with cam.

Posted · Report post

Some on the huddle will say do not worry...we have Joe Adams.

Posted · Report post

No it won't.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

No it won't.

so how many 1000 yard seasons do you think he has in him?

Posted · Report post

He wasnt supposed to be one of the best receivers in the league, win a triple crown, and do other things. I dont think i will ever say smitty cant do something anymore.

Posted · Report post

I love smitty but he'll be 34 this season and I think this is his last season as a top receiving threat. How many receivers produced at a high level when 35 or older? We really need to go WR in round one.

I suspect we'll look to get a WR in the 1st or 2nd round, but I don't want to see us reach on a guy. As much crap as Hurney gets and has earned, at least he made his 1st round picks count, and I don't want us throwing that out the window because Smitty is 34. If that WR is BPA sure (for our team), otherwise we're just reaching due to a need. Everything I've heard says this is a deep WR class but with no real elite prospects e.g. AJ Green, Julio Jones, etc.

Posted · Report post

No offense OP but who are you to say what Smith is capable of?

Ideally in the right situation I could see Smitty having a few more 1,000 seasons in the slot. But that's if we finally get the future #1 WR this team needs.

In before CRA hate

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments