- - - - -

This season will be smittys last 1000 yard season

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#46 Guest_BlueBoyRamses_E1b1a_*

Guest_BlueBoyRamses_E1b1a_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

That didn't get us anywhere last year. All those damn personal shtats(yes, shtats!). Cam deserves a true #1 WR, not a novelty act of a receiver. "oh, look at me, I am a short little dude playing a big boys' game". Don't have the patience for that year in and year out. Sure he overcame and did well for his size. But he should have been playing the slot a long time ago like Welker. I have nothing against Smith but losing lost its fun when you have a dynamic QB like Cam. Plus, catches are more valuable than yards when it comes to WRs(in my opinion)

Sorry, guys. Just read we only have 900k in cap space. second lowest to dallas who only have 51k. Even the redskins(playoff team) with a 28mil penalty still have more cap space than the panthers. I can't be excited for a player's personal gain right now. If we win then I'll be excited for Smith.

#47 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,542 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

That didn't get us anywhere last year. All those damn personal shtats(yes, shtats!). Cam deserves a true #1 WR, not a novelty act of a receiver. "oh, look at me, I am a short little dude playing a big boys' game". Don't have the patience for that year in and year out. Sure he overcame and did well for his size. But he should have been playing the slot a long time ago like Welker. I have nothing against Smith but losing lost its fun when you have a dynamic QB like Cam. Plus, catches are more valuable than yards when it comes to WRs(in my opinion)

Sorry, guys. Just read we only have 900k in cap space. second lowest to dallas who only have 51k. Even the redskins(playoff team) with a 28mil penalty still have more cap space than the panthers. I can't be excited for a player's personal gain right now. If we win then I'll be excited for Smith.

Trolling trolling trolling

#48 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Funny part about this draft is the 2nd and 3rd round WR's. Have just as good of a chance to be elite as the 1st round Wr's

#49 Guest_BlueBoyRamses_E1b1a_*

Guest_BlueBoyRamses_E1b1a_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

Trolling trolling trolling

Maybe, but Smith achieving his personal goal still doesn't excite me. I'd be content with a wild card and get blown out.

#50 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,710 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Funny part about this draft is the 2nd and 3rd round WR's. Have just as good of a chance to be elite as the 1st round Wr's

Agreed. There is no clear cut #1 guy out there the drop off is small. Even the one that is close to separation from the rest. Isn't up to par with the guys that have come out in the past 4 years.

People also forget that its rare that rookie WR make an immediate impact. The exceptions are those special specimens that aren't in this years draft. Rather try in the second round for a WR. Only WR that's close to be worthy of a first round pick is Allen in my humble opinion.

#51 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,921 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

TBH, I am not worried about it, and don't really see it as a justification to draft a WR in round 1, just to be drafting one. I don't even know if there is a true WR1 in this year's draft. That being said, I am not adverse to drafting Austin (or Patterson, really) because we are going to need playmakers regardless whether Smitty's production falls off or not. I do think we will have to acquire another playmaker at WR in the relative near future regardless if we draft Austin this year and Smitty's level of production because we have to continue to prepare for the future, and keep Cam surrounded by playmakers.

#52 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

Nobody on the huddle should be a GM.

Too true

#53 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Agreed. There is no clear cut #1 guy out there the drop off is small. Even the one that is close to separation from the rest. Isn't up to par with the guys that have come out in the past 4 years.

People also forget that its rare that rookie WR make an immediate impact. The exceptions are those special specimens that aren't in this years draft. Rather try in the second round for a WR. Only WR that's close to be worthy of a first round pick is Allen in my humble opinion.

I agree totally.

#54 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,695 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

name='panthers04100' timestamp='1364498300' post='2179640']
so how many 1000 yard seasons do you think he has in him?

That's up to Smitty to decide. As Smitty ages and slides to the slot he'll continue to have the best QB he's ever had who is improving with every snap tossing him the rock. Imagine Smitty's numbers if he had Peyton throwing to him his entire career instead of pond scum like Claussen, Testeverde and Jake post Tommy Jone. The world will never know just how good he could have been. Good enough to still be a force in the League for 2 more years me thinks though.[/s]

#55 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,763 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

You been talking to this guy...?

Posted Image

i have a couple times. really cool guy. thought he'd be taller, though.

#56 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,153 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

i have a couple times. really cool guy. thought he'd be taller, though.

OK Rayzor, I'll bite...can I assume you know who that guy is? Do you know RWW?

I have a funny feeling you do.

#57 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,763 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

OK Rayzor, I'll bite...can I assume you know who that guy is? Do you know RWW?

I have a funny feeling you do.

i know who he is and I'm sure i remember talking to him more than he would me. been a fan of their music since the very early 90s. i never know what to call him though. i wanna call him roy, but he's futureman. I'm a bigger fan of his brother, tho., but I'm a bass player....or was. i kind of retired a few years back.

#58 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

One thing I learned about Smitty, never say never, about ANYTHING dealing with him.

He can't cure cancer.

#59 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,153 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

i know who he is and I'm sure i remember talking to him more than he would me. been a fan of their music since the very early 90s. i never know what to call him though. i wanna call him roy, but he's futureman. I'm a bigger fan of his brother, tho., but I'm a bass player....or was. i kind of retired a few years back.

Hot damn. A fellow Flecktone fan on da Huddle. I am impressed with your Futche knowledge.
Strat man myself. 1992 American Custom, also semi retired. Currently entering my second month of drum lessons at 45 years old. Figured what the fug.

Smitty getting 1,000 this year and next or what? I ain't betting against him but I still want a WR in the 1st or second round.

To the rest of you...I posted a pic of Futureman.

#60 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,241 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

It's not about what Steve is capable or not capable of, it's about preparing for the inevitable. And no that does not involve drafting a fugging DT 14th overall when the best you will have at receiver minus your star are guys who would be damn lucky to be #3 receivers on any other squad in the rest of the league.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.