Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One year ago today...Kuechly

47 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

my reason for not wanting Luke was because we had already used a good number of picks on that position.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ButWhysTheRumGone' timestamp='1364562916' post='2180296']
I feel much better about Patterson after reading kkl posts about keek.
[/quote]

Good for you but Patterson isn't Cam nor is he Keek. Cordarrelle is a high risk because he can't run routes, he isn't physical against DBs and he possess horrible catching technique (upward palms and body). You can't honestly compare Kuechly's success to Patterson. Cordarrelle needs a ton of development.

At this endeavor, Austin is the superior WR.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DaCityKats' timestamp='1333113380' post='1709954']
i would have no problems with Blackmon, but i would prefer Keenan Allen next year in the 1st. that guy is a beast.

and go best DL this year or MoCl.
[/quote]

Well if we land Keenan Allen, then we know who to give the credit to for being the first to mention him.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='panther4life' timestamp='1364572079' post='2180402']
Well if land Keenan Allen, then we know who to give the credit to for being the first to mention him.
[/quote]
i been driving that bus for a while lol.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Allen is gonna need one hell of a workout on April 9th. His stock has already dropped from Top 10 to Top 25.

Posted · Report post

I remember lots of threads about Kuechly. He was a polarizing topic, if I remember correctly. Reminds me of the Tavon Austin talk this year.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DaCityKats' timestamp='1364570628' post='2180388']
my reason for not wanting Luke was because we had already used a good number of picks on that position.
[/quote]one big lesson to learn is that we should never consider the players already at the position, proven or not, given a a chance or not, as a deterrent to drafting that position.

just because we have guys we may like at a position who have yet to be given what we consider to be a real opportunity doesn't mean that we won't or shouldn't invest a high pick. you draft who you think could have the biggest positive impact on your team regardless of who is already there...esp. early. you may have potential at a position, but if you see a player you think could be great...not guaranteed (because there are no sure things or guaranteed things in the draft), but who could be great then you take them.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rayzor' timestamp='1364578192' post='2180513']
one big lesson to learn is that we should never consider the players already at the position, proven or not, given a a chance or not, as a deterrent to drafting that position.

just because we have guys we may like at a position who have yet to be given what we consider to be a real opportunity doesn't mean that we won't or shouldn't invest a high pick. you draft who you think could have the biggest positive impact on your team regardless of who is already there...esp. early. you may have potential at a position, but if you see a player you think could be great...not guaranteed (because there are no sure things or guaranteed things in the draft), but who could be great then you take them.
[/quote]
but then you are not building a team thru the draft, just certain positions i think. we already had invest numerous picks in a position that is one of the easiest to find talent at. when so many other team needs could have been addressed. i also think you can say any player is your bpa on your board, since we do not have any proof of other wise.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DaCityKats' timestamp='1364580207' post='2180535']

but then you are not building a team thru the draft, just certain positions i think. we already had invest numerous picks in a position that is one of the easiest to find talent at. when so many other team needs could have been addressed. i also think you can say any player is your bpa on your board, since we do not have any proof of other wise.
[/quote]that's what the giants did. seemed to work out well for them.

Posted · Report post

If Gettleman was here last year we probably don't take Kuechly.

Giants just don't invest such high picks on plug and play positions

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rayzor' timestamp='1364580426' post='2180537']
that's what the giants did. seemed to work out well for them.
[/quote]
because it was at a position that has a major impact. not 4-3 LB.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Growl' timestamp='1364580501' post='2180538']
If Gettleman was here last year we probably don't take Kuechly.

Giants just don't invest such high picks on plug and play positions
[/quote]

Kuechly was the BPA anyways ...Gettleman would have taken him.