Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The NFL Shield At Midfield

The strongest argument against early voting I've ever read

71 posts in this topic

wait, so is that cheaper or more expensive... or is saving money only your prerogative when something's not pushing your agenda?

You put more weight into our current system of paper in a lot of districts, manual counts, scantrons, tabulation machines, etc? Technology could make it a lot cheaper. Will there be hiccups...sure. But I look at those as isolated incidents and in a lot of cases simply user error...akin to CWG's beliefs that voter fraud is as infrequent.

You put more weight into our current system of paper in a lot of districts, manual counts, scantrons, tabulation machines, etc? Technology could make it a lot cheaper. Will there be hiccups...sure. But I look at those as isolated incidents and in a lot of cases simply user error...akin to CWG's beliefs that voter fraud is as infrequent.

so just to clear this up: voting on sundays is too expensive and it irritates the volunteers... instead, lets create a massive national voting network set up to run year round, force everyone to get national voter IDs and do away with absentee balloting.

i think maybe you should work for the government. they would absolutely love this idea.

1 person likes this

I like early voting.

Just like this last year, it was hard to decide, so I voted 2 straight tickets (one being absentee) and then 2 split tickets.

Felt much better about myself

so just to clear this up: voting on sundays is too expensive and it irritates the volunteers... instead, lets create a massive national voting network set up to run year round, force everyone to get national voter IDs and do away with absentee balloting.

i think maybe you should work for the government. they would absolutely love this idea.

I'm not really hinging any argument on the cost aspect of Sunday voting. Just an added benefit along with people not really enjoying working on Sundays.

What's wrong with a massive national voting network. Or at the very least massive state voting network that utilizes E-verify for citizenship verification and the federal gun-registration background check system to see if they are felons.

I wish they'd just make voting day a national holiday like other countries.

I don't. America is full of uneducated morons.

Yeah. They are called conservatives and libertarians.

It's not a belief you idiot, it's a fact. God, grow up.

It's not a belief you idiot, it's a fact. God, grow up.

Care to count the number of legitimate incidents of system malfunctions to the number of instances of voter fraud? Pick a year...any year. If you're not looking for it...guess what...you're never really going to find it. Unless it's some dumb-A dem poll watcher in Ohio.

I find the statement "grow up" from CWG hilarious.

You also post the most universally laughed at threads on this board, continuously backtrack on statements, and make weak attempts to somehow put voter fraud together with equipment malfunctions, so that's actually a good thing for a normal person to hear.