• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#16 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

G5, you are descending into complete patheticness.

#17 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

That's fine. I'd like to see numbers on cost savings with early voting cutbacks for Sundays and a week.

I personally don't think volunteers, candidates, poll watchers, and workers enjoy having to "work" 7 days a week during those periods.

i'm sure you would... out of curiosity, at what price-point would you consider voting (as a right) to be too expensive? I think giving people more opportunity to vote is a FAR more worthwhile investment than nearly anything we could put our money towards...

#18 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

i'm sure you would... out of curiosity, at what price-point would you consider voting (as a right) to be too expensive? I think giving people more opportunity to vote is a FAR more worthwhile investment than nearly anything we could put our money towards...

I don't. America is full of uneducated morons.

Let's take your approach to the other extreme. In an election year, simply vote all year. How's that sound. I'd do that in a heartbeat IF the registration process was cleaned up, voter rolls in a federal/state database to contrast to status, and voter id with photo. Would completely get rid of absentee ballot unless someone could prove they'd be out of the country for the entire year or on a military base overseas.

#19 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

Let's take your approach to the other extreme. In an election year, simply vote all year. How's that sound. I'd do that in a heartbeat IF the registration process was cleaned up, voter rolls in a federal/state database to contrast to status, and voter id with photo. Would completely get rid of absentee ballot unless someone could prove they'd be out of the country for the entire year or on a military base overseas.

those uneducated morons have been putting your party in power for decades now.

wait, so is that cheaper or more expensive... or is saving money only your prerogative when something's not pushing your agenda?

#20 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

Such as a V-verify program that has connectivity to the E-Verify program. Tracking who's voted and when/where.

Obama's GOTV system already does this with their voter rolls. Why not just make it a federal system where it's completely transparent to everyone.

#21 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

wait, so is that cheaper or more expensive... or is saving money only your prerogative when something's not pushing your agenda?

You put more weight into our current system of paper in a lot of districts, manual counts, scantrons, tabulation machines, etc? Technology could make it a lot cheaper. Will there be hiccups...sure. But I look at those as isolated incidents and in a lot of cases simply user error...akin to CWG's beliefs that voter fraud is as infrequent.

#22 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

You put more weight into our current system of paper in a lot of districts, manual counts, scantrons, tabulation machines, etc? Technology could make it a lot cheaper. Will there be hiccups...sure. But I look at those as isolated incidents and in a lot of cases simply user error...akin to CWG's beliefs that voter fraud is as infrequent.

so just to clear this up: voting on sundays is too expensive and it irritates the volunteers... instead, lets create a massive national voting network set up to run year round, force everyone to get national voter IDs and do away with absentee balloting.

i think maybe you should work for the government. they would absolutely love this idea.

#23 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,863 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

I like early voting.

Just like this last year, it was hard to decide, so I voted 2 straight tickets (one being absentee) and then 2 split tickets.

Felt much better about myself

#24 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

so just to clear this up: voting on sundays is too expensive and it irritates the volunteers... instead, lets create a massive national voting network set up to run year round, force everyone to get national voter IDs and do away with absentee balloting.

i think maybe you should work for the government. they would absolutely love this idea.

I'm not really hinging any argument on the cost aspect of Sunday voting. Just an added benefit along with people not really enjoying working on Sundays.

What's wrong with a massive national voting network. Or at the very least massive state voting network that utilizes E-verify for citizenship verification and the federal gun-registration background check system to see if they are felons.

#25 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

I wish they'd just make voting day a national holiday like other countries.

#26 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,988 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

Yeah. They are called conservatives and libertarians.

#27 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

It's not a belief you idiot, it's a fact. God, grow up.

#28 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

It's not a belief you idiot, it's a fact. God, grow up.

Care to count the number of legitimate incidents of system malfunctions to the number of instances of voter fraud? Pick a year...any year. If you're not looking for it...guess what...you're never really going to find it. Unless it's some dumb-A dem poll watcher in Ohio.

#29 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

I find the statement "grow up" from CWG hilarious.

#30 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

You also post the most universally laughed at threads on this board, continuously backtrack on statements, and make weak attempts to somehow put voter fraud together with equipment malfunctions, so that's actually a good thing for a normal person to hear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com