Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duke Williams visiting Panthers

16 posts in this topic

Posted

http://nor.scout.com/a.z?s=125&p=9&c=2&cid=1278987&nid=6797286&fhn=1

Posted

I'm surprised we haven't reached out to Wilcox and Wolffe yet.

Posted

I'm surprised we haven't reached out to Wilcox and Wolffe yet.

We will

Posted

A safety will def be taken in the 4th. If not, we will move back up into the 2nd or especially 3rd for one of these guys. We have met we the lower tiers guys so far like Shamarko, Duke, etc. instead of the 2nd rounder guys like Reid, Phillip Thomas, etc.

Posted

Posted

Seems like we scout almost exclusively WR and Safeties.

Posted

Seems like we scout almost exclusively WR and Safeties.

This makes me think that Ginn, Mitchell, Moore, and maybe even Blackburn were special teams signings first and foremost. Not that they cannot compete for starting roles, but nobody is talking about how GOOD our special teams will be-if only we had a kicker and punter.

I keep waiting for Gettlemen to do something about RG--I am getting nervous about it!

I hope he is not satisfied at DT as well.

Posted

This makes me think that Ginn, Mitchell, Moore, and maybe even Blackburn were special teams signings first and foremost. Not that they cannot compete for starting roles, but nobody is talking about how GOOD our special teams will be-if only we had a kicker and punter.

I keep waiting for Gettlemen to do something about RG--I am getting nervous about it!

I hope he is not satisfied at DT as well.

Every move he has made has suggested that he has identified our positions of need and he is doing something about it. Fear not...he is not finished making moves...looking for guys who can improve our roster on the cheap

Posted

anyone have a list of everyone we have either visited with or have scheduled private workouts with?

Posted

Every move he has made has suggested that he has identified our positions of need and he is doing something about it. Fear not...he is not finished making moves...looking for guys who can improve our roster on the cheap

I have SO MUCH FAITH in Gettlemen. We were $16 million above the cap, made a few cuts that really did not make us worse in relation to 2012, did not extend many deals. We still got better in free agency with our best free agency period --probably in team history (including Marty's $70 million shopping spree in 2010). I honestly believe that we will have no idea who we are drafting next month by the time April 25 rolls around. Not drafting for need is something unique to us.

I would not trade Gettlemen for any GM in the league right now.

Posted

anyone have a list of everyone we have either visited with or have scheduled private workouts with?

Posted

yep. agreed 100%.