Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We Lost The Minority Vote Cause We Don't Pander

55 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

An Alaska Congressman is in hot water after he made a derogatory remark about Latino farm workers during an interview with a radio station this week.

In the interview in Ketchikan, U.S. Rep. Don Young (R-AK) used the term “*******” when describing the California farm workers who picked tomatoes on his father’s California farm when he was younger.

"I used to own - my father had a ranch. We used to hire 50 to 60 wetbacks to pick tomatoes,” Young said in the interview. “You know it takes two people to pick the same tomatoes now. It's all done by machine."

http://latino.foxnew.../#ixzz2OwlR1e2s

At least the GOP has its integrity.

Posted · Report post

aw c'mon, its a term of affection. Hell I'll bet he even gave his Great American Bone to a few of the lil ******* bitches who were grateful to him, I mean his dad, for letting their men work his fields since he's all for helping these little brown brothers pick themselves up by their bootstraps.

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

"i used to own... my father had a ranch."

man, that's a telling f*cking mentality.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

evidently only US government employees can get away with saying that word on the Huddle.

Posted · Report post

man, that's a telling f*cking mentality.

Should be the RNC motto.

Posted · Report post

As the Tinderbox has told us, rich people are rich because of their hard work, where poor people are poor because of their laziness.

Posted · Report post

The guys comments were racist and ridiculous.

Right up there with Joe Biden's statement that you can't go into a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts without having at least a slight Indian accent.

Oh wait....I forgot. It does not count as ignorance or racism if a Democrat says it.

Point is that there is ignorance on both sides of the aisle.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Right up there with Joe Biden's statement that you can't go into a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts without having at least a slight Indian accent.

Oh wait....I forgot. It does not count as ignorance or racism if a Democrat says it.

Praising them as Job creators?!

Posted · Report post

Sadly in your mind these two gaffes are equal.

Posted · Report post

it seems like just yesterday a couple of this board's resident republicans were explaining the difference between racism and stereotyping entire races (there's no actual difference but just go with it), yet when madhatter equates joe biden's apparent stereotyping to don young casually calling latinos "wetbacks" kurb just pies him and goes on his way

strange

Posted · Report post

Sadly in your mind these two gaffes are equal.

Explain how they are really different....except that one was said by a Republican and one by a Democrat.

Both were extremely ignorant, racist, and inflammatory.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments