75 replies to this topic

#16 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

The play against the Texans when he broke out of a tackle from the whole defense and scored.

#17 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,238 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

Steve Smith vs. Chicago Bears (2006 Divisional Round)

12 Rec 218 Yds 2Tds

“ You throw me the ball that's my job, to catch it. If I don't catch the ball, they'll get somebody in here who will.”
—Panthers WR Steve Smith

and

Steve Smith vs. St. Louis Rams (2004 Divisonal Round) (my favorite game of all time)

6 Rec 163 Yds 1Td

#18 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,650 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

You should be able to retract up/downvotes.

#19 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

In the Cardinals game in 05, he caught a smokescreen and just trucked into the corner for a ten yard gain after he was "tackled". Then later on in the game he caught another smokescreen, looked like he was going to do the same thing, and then ran around the dude for a big gain. I haven't seen it since then, but I thought it was hilarious. It showed so much of what he is and was as player.

#20 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

Probably won't get mentioned but when we played the Giants (in 09 I think) and he went across the middle and caught a TD pass and took a helmet hit to his arm. That play broke his arm, but he proceeded to run into the endzone like it was nothing.

One of my favorite plays because it sums up who he is a tough player.

#21 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,834 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Steve has had so many great games over the years. I remember him destroying the Cowboys in the playoffs and Jon Gruden was calling him Freddy Krueger. I remember that he scored a Touchdown the very first time he touched an NFL football week 1 of the 2001 season. X Clown was brilliant. His touchdown in the Super Bowl was special for me because it put the world on notice that we didn't just come to bend over for Tom Brady.

If you want to pick the best Steve Smith Touchdown, not based on the situation or the importance. Just the most pleasing Touchdown to the eyes. It had to be vs. the Texans in I believe 2006 when he broke out of all those tackles.

#22 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,392 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

I got to watch Barry Sanders. And I got to watch Steve Smith. I consider myself lucky...

#23 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

05 Bears game was awesome

#24 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

#25 CarolinaAllDay

CarolinaAllDay

NY Panther's Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

2008. Saw Panthers Vs Ravens In Baltimore. Steve Dove For The EndZone After A Bomb From Jake And He TOok The BIGGEST Hit Ive Ever Seen From Ed Reed At The 1.The Stadium Exploded And Steve Got Up From The Ashes Unscathed.

#26 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

all that have been said are my favs, but i'd like to include that double coverage catch against the saints in 08 that led to the game winning field goal. Also his catch against green-bay that led to dwills go ahead touchdown, in both moments all hope was lost but steve smith delivered as always.

#27 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

all that have been said are my favs, but i'd like to include that double coverage catch against the saints in 08 that led to the game winning field goal. Also his catch against green-bay that led to dwills go ahead touchdown, in both moments all hope was lost but steve smith delivered as always.

I was in the super dump for that one. I was lucky enough to witness that first hand. Should have never been that close. We gave up a huuuuge lead in the 4th.

#28 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,267 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Posted Image

#29 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,860 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

Steve has a pantheon of memorable moments. I can't pick just one. Smith, when in his prime, was unstoppable. He played like a 6'5 ft 230 lb WR who possessed 4.1 speed. Smitty defied logic and reason the way he played. He'd be triple teamed and he still, somehow, found a way to get open. On top of it all, till this day, I have yet to see a receiver play with Smith's intensity and aggressiveness in any level. No one fights as maniacally as he does for the ball when it's in the air.

#30 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

2005 playoffs in New York... against the G-men.

Smitty touchdown to pretty much ice it, and he does the Super Mario slide downt he goal post. That's when I knew we had that game. It was so Smitty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com