Photo
- - - - -

Inconvenient Truth GM Edition(Hurney vs Gettleman)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#85 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

How do you figure we are more set up now than the day before he arrived. All be brought in was depth and some of that is questionable.

What holes did he fill? Outside of return man

Well he brought Captain back and brought in DJ Moore. Those guys aren't starters but we now have two players who are #3(sometimes #2) caliber CB's who will be on the roster as the 3rd and 4th CB's. With Josh Thomas and Norman that is pretty good depth. No clear cut #1 CB but those guys won't be push overs.

Mike Mitchell brings competition and actually has some range which is some Nakamura never had. Not a clear cut starter but is probably an adequate player with competition.

I think Dave is setting us up to bring starters in through the draft. I think DT will be #1 because it doesn't look like we are signing anyone else and we need someone who can play NT. I don't think we're bringing anyone else in at CB and I"m in the minority here that would say it's not necessary.

A talented WR should be in our grasp in the first two rounds. He's building our team from the ground up which I think is awesome because it will show late in games when guys get tired and you need the secondary guys to fill in and come up bbig.

#86 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

I think Dave is setting us up to bring starters in through the draft. I think DT will be #1 because it doesn't look like we are signing anyone else and we need someone who can play NT. I don't think we're bringing anyone else in at CB and I"m in the minority here that would say it's not necessary.

Starters? Plural? For 2013?

You are lucky to get one legit year one starter out of a draft. We have aren't going to plug all our holes with draft picks....I mean we could but that is the Hurney way( and as Steve Smith points out it makes it tough to win).

Realistically, if you replaced Amini and Norman last season with 2 average vets....we probably would have been a better team with more wins. They both should of been bench riders working on their game