Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dpantherman

Domenik Hixon will visit Monday

269 posts in this topic

any update on hixon?!?!? guess we aint getting him fml

YQyTu0S.gif

deal isn't dead. he went home. he'll probably be back once he figures out he won't get more elsewhere.

tell me how in the world he managed to stay on our practice squad if he had anything worth more consideration?

all the teams in the league must be morons for not going out and snagging such potential....either that or they all see the same thing i see....a big guy who is fast. big deal. btw, how much time did cruz and austin spend on the practice squad?

if he was worth a shot, he would have had one by now. instead he's behind clods like armanti edwards and pilares.

That's your logic? What, are you 12?

Bryant was offered a future contract. That, to me, says the Panthers are indeed interested in giving Lamont a shot. If he was a scrub like you proclaim him to be, then Carolina would have washed their hands and released him.

Why? Because he was a prospect who needed development on his route running (spent his High School career as a QB, RB and LB and his freshman year as a FS). Lamont, if developed properly, has potential because of his athleticism. Now whether or not he's ready, that remains to be seen.

What exactly did Austin do from 2006-2009?

That chances of Lamont Bryant having some sort of impact in the near future are slim to none. This is the NFL, but hey, crazier things have happened.

That chances of Lamont Bryant having some sort of impact in the near future are slim to none. This is the NFL, but hey, crazier things have happened.

After this past season, I'm not writing off anyone. We were labeling Thomas, Dockery and Kearse as 'career camp bodies' and yet they impacted our season.

After this past season, I'm not writing off anyone. We were labeling Thomas, Dockery and Kearse 'career camp bodies' and yet they impacted our season.

I agree, but it's just unlikely. Like the optimism.

I've also heard he actually runs in the 4.5-4.6 range.

If he was a scrub like you proclaim him to be, then Carolina would have washed their hands and released him.

Mmmmm.hmm.hmmm.(clearing throat).hmm.mmm.

Jimmy Clausen

Armanti edwards

Dawayne jarret

Everete brown

Keary colbert

Drew Carter

See where im going?

them giving him a future contract isn't that big of a deal...they do that with most of their practice squad guys that are still eligible.

and do i have to be 12 to think along the same lines of every team in the league who could have taken him off the PS if they thought he was worth a crap?

oh...and what did austin do prior to 2009? he sure wasn't on the practice squad. he managed to get on the field some and he returned a lot of kicks. scored some TDs...you know...made himself useful beyond being a big guy for our defense to practice against.

Back on target...Gettleman is just playing a high-dollar game of chicken. Some he will win, some he will lose, but I like his way of doing things much better than "he who shall not be named".