Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Domenik Hixon will visit Monday

272 posts in this topic

Posted

Assuming if we sign Hixon and draft a receiver in the 1st/2nd, thats a bunch of receivers going into the season: Smitty, Lafail, Ginn, Gettis, Pilares, AE, Lamont, Adams, Hixon, and WR(Draft). That's 10 recievers. Who are you going to cut? I just dont see a high round receiver if HIxon is signed

cut Adams, gettis, armanti and Lamont

Posted

I agree. I'm not interested in still seeing what the Hurney crew can or can't do. AE, Pilares, & Gettis are gone imo.

I think its obvious there's some friction or something going on w/Gettis. AE & Pilares are a dime a dozen.

Chuck:

Getting Hixon would help fill our receiving corps but handpicking your own rookie to become a potential #1 in the draft is still wise.

I agree with you. I cant see AE and Pilares back. Those two are very lucky that they're still even on a team right now.

And I would love to add Hixon. I never said he wouldnt improve our receiving corps. Im just saying if we do pick him or any other WRs, its looking like Gettleman is sending the message that we are going DT at 14. I dont see why he wouldnt.

Posted

Other than 89, none. But, since when did we go after a legitimate receiver?

I don't care if we have a new GM now. We all want to believe that Gettleman will come in and change Hurney's bad philosophy of ignoring the receiver in the Draft. But if we keep on adding receivers in FA, I just dont see how we are going to add a legitimate receiver in the 1st or 2nd. We're so packed at that position already to go and add two more. We should be looking at a DT or FS, than a WR in Hixon.

Yeah but which one of these mostly dime a dozen WR's you listed is going to replace Steve when he retires?

Posted

cut Adams, gettis, armanti and Lamont

Theres no way Adams is getting cut.

I dont see AE, Pilares, Gettis or Lamont making the team if I have to decide.

Posted

I bet Barden stops I as well.

Posted

I like that he can make tough catches and is a physical guy..not so fast Louis Murphy.

Basically a trade of Louis Murphy for Hixon..I will take it.

He looks a lot like what Id imagine Keenan Allen would be like...and if we still draft WR the Giants like large physical targets so..another reason Tayvon may not be chosen.

Good bye Armanti, Adams..

Posted

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. The guy's just visiting. I hope Drew Rosenhaus isn't his agent.

Posted

If he signs, he can be our immediate #3 WR. This would leave offensive line as the only glaring hole. Fix that next, then BPA in draft.

Posted

Yeah but which one of these mostly dime a dozen WR's you listed is going to replace Steve when he retires?

We have none. NADA.

Im not saying we should not go WR. Im the biggest receiver at 14 fan on this forum.

Im just saying if Gettleman do sign Hixon, he's putting himself in a situation to take a DT at 14.

Re-read it again. You keep on asking me the same question every time after I give you the same answer back every time..

Posted

Actually I think Pilares has more value. He had a few plays ran for him in an empty set where he motioned as a hb. Also had a nice screen pass TD out of a spread look. He is a balanced and sure handed guy..but definitely not irreplaceable.

It will be something decided in the preseason where production will be the decider. Lamont will not get enough reps

I know Chud is not here any longer but if anyone thinks Shula will just mimic his past run heavy offense I think you are underestimating what will be done. The qbs in Tampa could not make plays so you had to mask them with a run heavy caretaker type offense.

Posted

i think it's gonna come down to keeping either Pilares or Adams. I dunno I just think like Pilares has shown a little more then Adams. It will be an interesting preseason battle. Armanti is as good as gone I hope.

Posted

Actually I think Pilares has more value. He had a few plays ran for him in an empty set where he motioned as a hb.

It will something decided in the preseason where production will be the decider. Lamont will not get enough reps.

I only put Lamont's name on the list bc people likes to mentioned his name all the time. I dont see him as a diamond in the rough kind of guy. Hes nothing more than a PS player in my eyes. For Pilares, I dont think he will be back. He has no value now with the addition of Ted Ginn returning kickoff/punts duty. Pilares is a slot guy, but hes not going to win that position if Hixon is signed or we draft a receiver in the draft. Hes a straight line runner. Hes not even half the player of his former teammate Greg Salas is, and Salas has trouble finding a spot on a team.