Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Domenik Hixon will visit Monday

272 posts in this topic

Posted

Can someone refer this thread to that dumbass that is wondering the difference between hurney and gettleman??

Agreed, Hurney going after a somewhat well known FA like Hixon would have been unheard of. Sure he signed Shockey, but that was a huge exception to the Hurney rule

Posted

We have a very good shot of signing Hixon Monday. Detroit offered him a one year vet min deal. We'll do the same BUT we will offer a chance to compete for the #3 spot. I think he'll take it.

Posted

browns are interested in him too i see. Chud GTFO our koolaid

Posted

If we do sign Hixon or any other receiver freom here on, I think that would pretty much seal the faith on a WR in the 1st or 2nd. Base on the moves in FA, its looking like Gettleman is putting us toward to taking a DT at 14.

You are way off base in trying to make that assertion.

Gettleman resigned Dwan and added Cole. That is the equivalent if adding the role players in the secondary or at WR.

He did exactly what he said he was going to do. He filled holes in FA that will allow him to go in many diff directions in the draft.

If you don't think that OL, DL, WR, CB, or S are very real possibilities in the 1-2 rounds, you are an idiot.

Posted

This guy is not joining a team to be a #3 you can bet on that. From what I've seen which isn't much, Hixon could be our other starter opposite smitty. The guy is athletic, uses his hands, locates the deep ball, attacks the ball, makes the tough catches, and can get that little bit of desperation to make the catch across the middle.

Posted

Agreed, Hurney going after a somewhat well known FA like Hixon would have been unheard of. Sure he signed Shockey, but that was a huge exception to the Hurney rule

I think bringing Shockey was Chud's idea. I'm sure he had to talk Hurney into it.

Posted

I think bringing Shockey was Chud's idea. I'm sure he had to talk Hurney into it.

Wait wasn't Shockley here before RIvera was hired. I know Shockey was here before we drafted Cam. Wasn't he brought in as a FA right after the 2010 season.

Posted

browns are interested in him too i see. Chud GTFO our koolaid

catching passes from cam > catching passes from brandon weeden.

Posted

Wait wasn't Shockley here before RIvera was hired. I know Shockey was here before we drafted Cam. Wasn't he brought in as a FA right after the 2010 season.

No. Rivera was hired in January. Shockey came in March.

Posted

Rivera was hired in January 2011, Shockey signed in March 2011.

Posted

You are way off base in trying to make that assertion.

Gettleman resigned Dwan and added Cole. That is the equivalent if adding the role players in the secondary or at WR.

He did exactly what he said he was going to do. He filled holes in FA that will allow him to go in many diff directions in the draft.

If you don't think that OL, DL, WR, CB, or S are very real possibilities in the 1-2 rounds, you are an idiot.

Are you serious? Cole may not even may the cut. He could be just a camp body

Posted

the giants also always had a good wr corp as well.

What's the bigger need right now? DT or WR if we add Hixon. Def NT. tell me if I'm wrong