#31 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,448 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Assuming if we sign Hixon and draft a receiver in the 1st/2nd, thats a bunch of receivers going into the season: Smitty, Lafail, Ginn, Gettis, Pilares, AE, Lamont, Adams, Hixon, and WR(Draft). That's 10 recievers. Who are you going to cut? I just dont see a high round receiver if HIxon is signed

We need "legitimate threats". Of those listed how many fit that bill in your opinion?

Bare in mind Hixon is not on the roster as of yet.

#32 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,404 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

I can't see Armanti keep making it past training camp. That was Hurney's guy.

#33 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,932 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

Now this I can fap to.

#34 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

We need "legitimate threats". Of those listed how many fit that bill in your opinion?

I agree. I'm not interested in still seeing what the Hurney crew can or can't do. AE, Pilares, & Gettis are gone imo.

I think its obvious there's some friction or something going on w/Gettis. AE & Pilares are a dime a dozen.

Chuck:

Getting Hixon would help fill our receiving corps but handpicking your own rookie to become a potential #1 in the draft is still wise.

#35 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

I honestly think Hixon would be an upgrade on our roster not named Smith.

That being said if we do sign him I wouldn't be surprised if we still look for more WR talent in the draft.

#36 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Bare in mind Hixon is not on the roster as of yet.

Other than 89, none. But, since when did we go after a legitimate receiver?
I don't care if we have a new GM now. We all want to believe that Gettleman will come in and change Hurney's bad philosophy of ignoring the receiver in the Draft. But if we keep on adding receivers in FA, I just dont see how we are going to add a legitimate receiver in the 1st or 2nd. We're so packed at that position already to go and add two more. We should be looking at a DT or FS, than a WR in Hixon.

#37 panthers04100

panthers04100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Assuming if we sign Hixon and draft a receiver in the 1st/2nd, thats a bunch of receivers going into the season: Smitty, Lafail, Ginn, Gettis, Pilares, AE, Lamont, Adams, Hixon, and WR(Draft). That's 10 recievers. Who are you going to cut? I just dont see a high round receiver if HIxon is signed

cut Adams, gettis, armanti and Lamont

#38 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

I agree. I'm not interested in still seeing what the Hurney crew can or can't do. AE, Pilares, & Gettis are gone imo.

I think its obvious there's some friction or something going on w/Gettis. AE & Pilares are a dime a dozen.

Chuck:

Getting Hixon would help fill our receiving corps but handpicking your own rookie to become a potential #1 in the draft is still wise.

I agree with you. I cant see AE and Pilares back. Those two are very lucky that they're still even on a team right now.

And I would love to add Hixon. I never said he wouldnt improve our receiving corps. Im just saying if we do pick him or any other WRs, its looking like Gettleman is sending the message that we are going DT at 14. I dont see why he wouldnt.

#39 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,448 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Other than 89, none. But, since when did we go after a legitimate receiver?
I don't care if we have a new GM now. We all want to believe that Gettleman will come in and change Hurney's bad philosophy of ignoring the receiver in the Draft. But if we keep on adding receivers in FA, I just dont see how we are going to add a legitimate receiver in the 1st or 2nd. We're so packed at that position already to go and add two more. We should be looking at a DT or FS, than a WR in Hixon.

Yeah but which one of these mostly dime a dozen WR's you listed is going to replace Steve when he retires?

#40 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

cut Adams, gettis, armanti and Lamont

Theres no way Adams is getting cut.
I dont see AE, Pilares, Gettis or Lamont making the team if I have to decide.

#41 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

I bet Barden stops I as well.

#42 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,374 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

I like that he can make tough catches and is a physical guy..not so fast Louis Murphy.

Basically a trade of Louis Murphy for Hixon..I will take it.

He looks a lot like what Id imagine Keenan Allen would be like...and if we still draft WR the Giants like large physical targets so..another reason Tayvon may not be chosen.

Good bye Armanti, Adams..

#43 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,404 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. The guy's just visiting. I hope Drew Rosenhaus isn't his agent.

#44 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,651 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

If he signs, he can be our immediate #3 WR. This would leave offensive line as the only glaring hole. Fix that next, then BPA in draft.

#45 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

Yeah but which one of these mostly dime a dozen WR's you listed is going to replace Steve when he retires?

We have none. NADA.
Im not saying we should not go WR. Im the biggest receiver at 14 fan on this forum.
Im just saying if Gettleman do sign Hixon, he's putting himself in a situation to take a DT at 14.
Re-read it again. You keep on asking me the same question every time after I give you the same answer back every time..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com