Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mock Draft (22 Days to go...)

37 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[i]Almost there folks. I'm considering who we're bringing in so far for workouts and our FA moves.[/i]

Round 1: [b]Jonathan Cyprien[/b] SS Florida International

[img]http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0313/sn_g_cyprien1_sy_576.jpg[/img]

I'm not joking. I think this is the guy. A tenacious leader, agressive but has balance, is a true SS and Godfrey as we've been told is our FS. I don't think he's a reach and for some reason, I think our staff is ok with the d-line minus finding a big NT either in the FA or later on in the draft. We knew they were looking at Barron [u]hard[/u] last year. This would be smart and by no means a reach. (25 of 32 teams were present at his pro-day and scouts are apparently really pumped about this kid)

Round 2: [b]Quinton Patton [/b]WR Louisiana Tech

[img]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/745/827/hi-res-6672408_crop_650.jpg?1352677108[/img]

Beyond his great numbers, he is smooth, well rounded, surest hands in the draft, and a leader (I'm considering intangibles) There are 4 wideouts that I have in mind in 1-2: Nuke, Patton, Wheaton, & Bailey. Patton would be my preference over Bailey and Wheaton and I think Hunter will be gone by 44.

Round 4: [b]Brian Winters [/b]RG Kent State

[img]http://www.ohio.com/polopoly_fs/1.301894.1334979992!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_500/kfoot21cut-2.jpg[/img]

A great guard I hope we can land. This is the most stacked position in the draft and its not known for being drafted high. He would be a great addition if we don't get someone through the FA.

Round 5: [b]Kwame Geathers [/b]NT Georgia

[img]http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/090/935/hi-res-132011075_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75[/img]

Land a nose tackle to fill out the line alongside Dwan and will hopefully find a decent FA addition.

Round 6: [b]Sanders Commings[/b] CB Georgia

[img]http://aug-cdn.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/superphoto/11540430.jpg[/img]

We've seen him twice so far and is a 6'0 CB. We made some good additions but need some height and athleticism in our secondary.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I like this a good bit, and honestly it makes sense from what I have been reading/hearing. I just hope we sign another vet DT cause i don't like taking one in the 5th.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ButWhysTheRumGone' timestamp='1364678901' post='2181407']
I like this a good bit, and honestly it makes sense from what I have been reading/hearing. I just hope we sign another vet DT cause i don't like taking one in the 5th.
[/quote]

That's what I'm thinking here.

I really was hoping we could have gotten Isaac Sopoaga but there are some more out there.

Seattle signed McDaniel instead of re-signing Alan Branch...and Shaun Cody is also available at NT. Both would be decent options. Also, I think we'll add another OL in the mix via FA before all is said and done.

[b]Roster:[/b]

[u]QB[/u]
Cam Newton
Derek Anderson

[u]RB[/u]
Jonathan Stewart
DeAngelo Williams
Armond Smith

[u]FB[/u]
Mike Tolbert

[u]WR[/u]
Steve Smith
Brandon LaFell
Quinton Patton**
Domenik Hixon*
Ted Ginn Jr*

[u]TE[/u]
Greg Olsen
FA or UDFA
Ben Hartstock

[u]OL[/u]: Gross-Amini-Kalil-Winters**-Bell

(Still want a FA addition on the OL)

_________

[u]DL[/u]: CJ-Dwan-Branch*-Hardy

(And I actually really like our backups in Alexander, Keiser, Geathers**, Kearse, Chandler, & Addison)

[u]LB[/u]: Beason-Kuechly-Davis (Onatolu-Blackburn-Williams)

[u]CB[/u]
Josh Thomas
Captain Munnerlynn
DJ Moore*
Sanders Commings**
Drayton Florence*
Josh Norman

[u]SS[/u]
Jonathan Cyprien**
DJ Campbell

[u]FS [/u]
Charles Godfrey
Mike Mitchell/Colin Jones

Posted · Report post

not bad,but we do not have a 7th rounder.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DaCityKats' timestamp='1364680050' post='2181422']
not bad,but we do not have a 7th rounder.
[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up

I have eliminated the Bass
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Love Patton and Cyprien.

Posted · Report post

This is a great mock and very reasonable based on needs and who've we visited with.

Well done, no complaints from me.

Posted · Report post

Nice! I'm glad we're finally talking about Cyprien. Man, there are some scouts who LOVE this guy. Well rounded safety. I rather have this guy than Vacarro, that's for sure.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='nagai' timestamp='1364684577' post='2181458']
Nice! I'm glad we're finally talking about Cyprien. Man, there are some scouts who LOVE this guy. Well rounded safety. I rather have this guy than Vacarro, that's for sure.
[/quote]

I totally agree. I think if Cyprien came out of the SEC or PAC12, he would have been touted on the level of Barron honestly. A lot of the pro scouts are beginning to gush over Cyprien.

And I do agree about picking him over Vacarro at FS.

I think he's the best SS in the draft

Posted · Report post

I don't like that you waited till the 5th round to help a screaming need.

Posted · Report post

I can't complain fills needs and is realistic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1364689928' post='2181499']
I don't like that you waited till the 5th round to help a screaming need.
[/quote]

No more screaming than RG, WR, or SS in my opinion. Plus the supporting crew on the d-line is very good in Dwan, Hardy, & Johnson with solid backups in Alexander, Keiser, Kearse, & Chandler. We get pressure and need a big guy in there. Plus like I said that's a FA move still coming imo.