I can't complain fills needs and is realistic

#12 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationthe.black.lodge
HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

I don't like that you waited till the 5th round to help a screaming need.

No more screaming than RG, WR, or SS in my opinion. Plus the supporting crew on the d-line is very good in Dwan, Hardy, & Johnson with solid backups in Alexander, Keiser, Kearse, & Chandler. We get pressure and need a big guy in there. Plus like I said that's a FA move still coming imo.

#13 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

No more screaming than RG, WR, or SS in my opinion. Plus the supporting crew on the d-line is very good in Dwan, Hardy, & Johnson with solid backups in Alexander, Keiser, Kearse, & Chandler. We get pressure and need a big guy in there. Plus like I said that's a FA move still coming imo.

But that move could be at WR. Still I love how experts can see that DT has been a problem for years but some in the fan base can't see it.
If WR is a big need then DT is a just as big or bigger need.

#14 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationthe.black.lodge
HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

But that move could be at WR. Still I love how experts can see that DT has been a problem for years but some in the fan base can't see it.
If WR is a big need then DT is a just big or bigger need.

We see it. That's why I said it would be a FA move and a later round draft pick.

You missed the important part of the equation. Our scouts don't seem to think its as pressing need as others. Look at last year. We were very quiet on that front after previously drafting 2 DTs in R3 the year prior. There were a lot of Cox aficionados but their interweb voices really overshadowed the team's rather mild interest in him. We found out we were looking at Barron, Kuechly, & Coples the most.

Is there a particular reason why you think getting a DT in rounds 1-2 in the 2013 draft is crucial when we have numerous holes to fill? I'm pretty open and would consider Star, Brandon Williams, John Jenkins, & Kwame but that's about it for me if we're looking at the prospects and not so much where we are and the expected players to be available when we pick.

#15 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

We see it. That's why I said it would be a FA move and a later round draft pick.

You missed the important part of the equation. Our scouts don't seem to think its as pressing need as others. Look at last year. We were very quiet on that front after previously drafting 2 DTs in R3 the year prior. There were a lot of Cox aficionados but their interweb voices really overshadowed the team's rather mild interest in him. We found out we were looking at Barron, Kuechly, & Coples the most.

Is there a particular reason why you think getting a DT in rounds 1-2 in the 2013 draft is crucial when we have numerous holes to fill? I'm pretty open and would consider Star, Brandon Williams, John Jenkins, & Kwame but that's about it for me if we're looking at the prospects and not so much where we are and the expected players to be available when we pick.

DT has been a need for a long time and like The FO said protecting Keek is important. We also have used a few High picks on WR as well.

#16 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Solid draft. Not flashy, but solid nonetheless.

#17 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

Don't like it at all. This years draft will be failure for Panthers if we don't draft a DT in either of 1st 2 rounds.

#18 Dash Global

Dash Global

HUDDLER

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:32 AM

I think we draft either Kawaan Short or John Jenkins in the 2nd round.

And we will go WR in the 1st.

Take that to the bank.

#19 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

I think we draft either Kawaan Short or John Jenkins in the 2nd round.

And we will go WR in the 1st.

Take that to the bank.

It depends on bpa at either position. I wouldn't cancel a secondary player out either.

#20 Dash Global

Dash Global

HUDDLER

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

Only DT we would take at 14 is Star and he wont be there.

So we will pick Allen imo

Then Short or Jenkins in the 2nd.

Its possible we could take a CB (someone like Taylor) but im pretty sure we will sure up the lines esp if we go WR in the 1st.

Short is to good of a player to pass up at UT when you only have a vet stop gap starting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users