26 replies to this topic

#1 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

Just a response with actual quotes from dook's message board.

Leaving so many points at the line. Even if the refs weren't cheating pieces of ******* **** it wouldn't matter if we couldn't hit the free ones

When the refs let you grab and hold off the ball, Duke is in trouble. But this has been SOP, in the tourney, for the last decade or so.

We were not allowed by the refs to play close in defense , it's why Kelly sat the first half. Louisville could pull jerseys, hack away, travel, do whatever they want no call.

We would have been by at least 10 at the half if the refs had called it like they should have. Made ALL the difference! The you call THAT on us, too!!

When the refs let them play, and they let them play during the tournament, Duke is beat. Even a hot shooting night from Duke can't over come that.

If we try to stop the dribble penetration we get called for a foul. Refs and overplay broke us on both ends.

They just aren't calling the game the same on booth ends. The last two drive SHEED has made are called on the other end.

don't think we had the speed to stop their guards, but I'm more than annoyed with the way this is called. They drive we touch foul, we drive they touch no call.

I don't think the calls would have helped us stop the high pick and roll but I don't get most of the calls against Duke today.

#2 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

They did hack and grab and slap all night, however those arent the fouls we were called for. We should have done the same thing but didnt.

#3 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

They did hack and grab and slap all night, however those arent the fouls we were called for. We should have done the same thing but didnt.

I couldn't tell you either way, I didn't watch most of the game. I was just posting this to prove a point. All fanbases are the same.

#4 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

lol at the OP's troll job, lulz

#5 toldozer

toldozer

• HUDDLER
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

You didnt put who actually said those things though. While i dont agree with the refs they were consistent. Slapping hacking grabbing was consistently not called up top. Stuff down low was called. Dukes fault for not taking advantage

#6 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

You didnt put who actually said those things though. While i dont agree with the refs they were consistent. Slapping hacking grabbing was consistently not called up top. Stuff down low was called. Dukes fault for not taking advantage

I didn't put names because it's from a dook message board. I doubt anyone would know them. Here is the link to the game thread where I got it from.

http://mbd.scout.com...&t=11424160&p=1

#7 toldozer

toldozer

• HUDDLER
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

Ohh i see, not the huddle but a duke message board. We came out and said Duke fans on THIS SITE dont cry about the refs. YOU LOSE, to duke twice.

#8 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

BL wanted to cry so bad about the refs but didn't want to look like a hypocrite

#9 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

Ohh i see, not the huddle but a duke message board. We came out and said Duke fans on THIS SITE dont cry about the refs. YOU LOSE, to duke twice.

Not many dook fans on this site. Most dookies like to complain about refs in an environment where they won't be laughed at...i.e. an official dookie site.

#10 toldozer

toldozer

• HUDDLER
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

BL wanted to cry so bad about the refs but didn't want to look like a hypocrite

Ive already explained my feelings on the refs. We got beat by a very very good team. Not crying, Duke had another great season.

That said im concerned about next year. We will have no inside game at all. Maybe we can get a graduate transfer big man, that would be ideal.

#11 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,260 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

This is as physical a NCAA tourney I've ever seen. Every game the refs are letting them play. I like it.

#12 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:58 AM

That must be why the devils were in the double bonus before cards in the 1st half? The cards whole team were in foul trouble and had a guy break a leg. no excuses for duke fans on this one.

#13 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,314 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

It was a home game for louisville.

And if the referees were calling fouls like they should duke would have been in the double bonus within 5 minutes.

Slapping hacking traveling, every play.

Refa doing what they always do in the NCAA call it for the home team.

#14 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

The bottom line is Louisville was the better team in the 2nd half. Yes, they were physical, aggressive, and probably got away with some fouls on their press. But those calls/no calls didn't make the difference. After halftime L'ville came out with a completely different passion than I've seen. Duke matched up well with them but didn't have the emotion to carry them through that Card 2nd half run.

If this game was played again next week, maybe a different story, but not last night.

#15 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

The bottom line is Louisville was the better team in the 2nd half. Yes, they were physical, aggressive, and probably got away with some fouls on their press. But those calls/no calls didn't make the difference. After halftime L'ville came out with a completely different passion than I've seen. Duke matched up well with them but didn't have the emotion to carry them through that Card 2nd half run.

If this game was played again next week, maybe a different story, but not last night.

Waaaaaaaa

Waaa

WaaaaaAAaaaaasaaaa
Wa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com