Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Think I Ran Into the Dreaded 'Aussie' Norovirus

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, I will have a hard time eating any chocolate or fries for awhile, but that's good for me... I needed to start eating better, now I have an immediate reason.

Last time I'll never forget, it was even worse... I had thought I went long enough without getting whatever my wife and daughter had, so I thought I was safe. I decided to have a nice appetizer of salsa and chips... A LOT OF THEM. It was too late... I ended up doing like CoW... My wife woke up to me in the fetal position, in just my boxers, rolling back and forth on the floor in front of the bathroom.

I finally made it to the bathroom after she fell back asleep, only to wake her up to me rolling off the toilet to throw up in my tub once I smelled myself splattering the bowl, lol. One of the most humbling experiences of my life. Now that was love.

Posted

Wow, I had the same stuff right before I went to the Dominican.

I was at BDubs and was trying to choke down a beer, normally not an issue with me at all....

Couldn't get it down, had to get up from the table twice to go blow up the toilet. Paid my tab quickly, and didn't get to my car before I threw up all over the parking lot.

Made it home and threw up and had the runs all night long. Seriously like every 3-4 minutes, all night.

Couldn't drink water or eat for three days. Didn't have enough energy to get off the couch or listen to the TV. Literally laid on the couch with my eyes shut praying to not have to throw up or poo everywhere.

It was by far the worst I have ever felt in my entire life.

Posted

I didn't go to a doctor but I swear I had it the Sunday we played the Seahawks. let's just put it this way, I was so sick a sip of water would induce vomiting AND more importantly I didn't care at all about the Panthers game. Terrifying stuff.

Posted

Wow sounds exactly like what I had 2 times this yr, I was thinking I was allergic to something but it was horrible. I really had never felt worse, i lost over 20 lbs each time from it