#46 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,574 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:57 AM

you guys should know more than me, but does Geno always have enough time to bake a cake? with little big man and steady running wild how could you not look good on that team. I will say he does have finesse.

He had more time early in the season than he did in later games :unsure:

As far as mobility/athleticism, Smith's not really an RG3 type. He can run some, but if I were a DC I wouldn't be sweating much about it.

From what I've seen though, he is somewhat "pocket mobile". Pocket awareness might need some work though, but that's why you have coaches. They coach him up right, I think he'll do pretty well.

(obviously it won't be with us, but I like to think he'll be successful whatever team he goes to)

#47 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,574 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

Size mainly he weights 174 at the end of the season. He should have gained some weight before the combine. To me he needs to add atleast 20 pounds on or he wont last long in the NFL. So would have liked to seen that. Also 14 imo is too high for the risk of him getting injured. If he didnt rise so quickly in the draft would have loved to seen the Panthers pick him up in the mid 20's.

Dont get me wrong think he will be a great player if he gets his weight up. If not he will be out of the league in 2 years. Rather the Panthers get a solid CB or DT at 14 that you know will be there for 4-5 years.

Said a while back I thought 14 was too high for him, but as time has gone on I've warmed more to the idea. Guess we'll see in a few weeks.

In the end, if it's not us, please Lord don't let him wind up in the division lighting it up for someone else :(

(I think I'd cry)

#48 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,359 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:04 AM

Said a while back I thought 14 was too high for him, but as time has gone on I've warmed more to the idea. Guess we'll see in a few weeks.

In the end, if it's not us, please Lord don't let him wind up in the division lighting it up for someone else :(

(I think I'd cry)

That is one thing that worries me the 13th pick could be taking Austin. They could invision him being their "smitty".

But dont get me wrong if we take Austin at 14 I will be thrilled. He will become my favorite Panther.

#49 Pazhoosier89

Pazhoosier89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:41 AM

Of all The recievers in this draft he is The one that most reminds me of smith. Would be glad to get him in The 2nd round.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.