Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YoungPanthers89

Nolan Nawrocki at it again.

152 posts in this topic

Only problem is I think Geno does lack a lot of tools to make him an elite QB in the NFL.

I am not a fan of Nolan but Arron Brooks is a great comparison. A guy with great tools that was inconsistant at best. He will be overdrafted just like Barkley.

Nolan does sting one more than the other.

Actually a very fair writeup on Geno. Dont know abouth his pratice, film studying and combine interviews but the rest was right on. Geno isnt a great leader and had trouble with the weather and pressure. He would also stare down receivers.

This is one of those times I'd love to disagree with you, but when I take off my WVU homer hat, I also have to admit that a lot of the criticisms are sadly valid :(

I vaguely remember hearing stuff about the Combine interviews a while back. I also remember how hyped up I was prior to the Kansas State game. Boy did the hype take a nose dive from that game on. Analysts said he feasted on weak teams early on and looked average once he started facing better defenses. Sad to say there was a fair amount of evidence to support that evaluation.

I'm still hopeful that Geno will have a great pro career, but objectively speaking, when was the last time you watched a WVU quarterback transition successfully to the pros? :unsure:

What did he rate Geno on the Cornball-Scale?

Geno Smith makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X.

Seems like Nolan goes back to his same old friends who are "scouts" to give him all his inside info.

Watcha want to be they're all bitter old white guys with no hair, smoke cigars, live in Mississippi, and drive beat-up Ford Galaxie 500's?

First Cam, then RG3, and now Geno. This guys is either a complete dumbass, striving to be the Skip Bayless of NFL scouting, a racist piece of poo or all of the above.

So what is it?

Know how I know you've never read the writeup on RG3?

Here's a link: http://www.profootballweekly.com/prospects/player/robert-griffin-iii-10/

Spinning that writeup as racist would be a major stretch.

Can someone link the bob griffin one?

Edit: just read the rg3 one and nothing was that far out of place

Enter Mr. Scot. Well this thread is heading into deja vu territory rather quickly.

Can someone link the bob griffin one?

Look one post above yours B)

Sounds like he liked RG3 waaaaaay more than Geno and Cam. So far, if playoffs are the judge, Nolan is on top. Hoping Cam can prove him wrong this season. No more sulking, learning the offense at seasons end looked much better, so I have high hopes.